Liberty Global seeks Trainee Public Policy (m/f)
Liberty Global is the largest international cable company with operations in 14 countries. We connect people to the digital world and enable them to discover and experience its endless possibilities. Our market-leading triple-play services are provided through next-generation networks and innovative technology platforms that connect 27 million customers subscribing to 56 million television, broadband internet and telephony services at December 31, 2014.
Since 1999, Liberty Global has a permanent representative office located in the heart of the Brussels European quarter. We use this office and presence as a base for ongoing dialogue to the European Commission, Members of the European Parliament, and the EU competition authority on major regulatory and public policy issues we face, and in order to manage our relationships with key EU trade associations. For more information about the company please visit www.libertyglobal.com.
We wish to appoint a:
Trainee Public Policy (m/f)
working with the Brussels Representation office staff. This is a full time position for 5 months.
Description: Assist the Public Policy Team
Duration: 5 months with possibility of extending the contract 1 time
Starting Date: 1st November 2016
- Support the preparation of relevant briefing notes, presentations and speeches
- Support the organisation and logistics of internal and external events
- Preparing relevant background materials for meetings and conferences
- Taking minutes at internal/external meetings, or EU/EP hearings as requested
- Proof-reading, editing and writing documents for internal and external distribution
- Responsible for office logistics, invoice payments, relationship with building owners
- Prepare expense payment forms and make travel arrangements for Brussels’ office staff
- Archiving, updating and maintaining files and electronic project databases for the public policy function
- Creating and updating the Brussels contact database on a regular basis
The ideal candidate would:
- Hold a university degree in Law, European Studies, Political Science or similar.
- Be fluent in English (verbally with excellent writing skills), other EU languages an advantage.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and processes
- Have previous internship experience in Brussels, preferably in one of the EU institutions.
- Be digitally savvy and have excellent command of Microsoft Office programs, in particular Powerpoint; strong attention to detail.
- Be a team player who can work proactively and independently and with motivational skills to work in a small team
- Ability to work in a small office and flexibility to perform various tasks, including administrative tasks and those related with managing the day-to-day in the office
- Be open to the challenge of working in an international telecoms and media company
Application (CV & cover letter) are to be e-mailed to:
Deadline for applications: 4th October 2016
Please specify in the e-mail subject that the application is for TRAINEE PUBLIC POLICY