European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions seeks EU Affairs Project Manager/Policy Adviser
EU Affairs Project Manager/Policy Adviser
CESI, the European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions, is looking for an EU Affairs Project Manager/Policy Adviser (maternity cover, but with a view to permanent employment) for its General Secretariat in Brussels, starting as soon as possible.
The new colleague shall be working on her/his own initiative under the guidance of the Secretary General as well as assisting him in the following areas:
Project Manager part
- Identification and analysis of calls for proposals by the European Commission (and in particular DG EMPL) relevant to European-level trade union organisations and social partners;
- Elaboration and submission of proposals, covering both the content and financing of projects;
- Implementation and execution of projects from start to finish, including carrying out conferences, commissioning publications and studies, handling required budgetary reporting obligations, etc.
Policy Adviser part
Managing and further developing one of the organisation’s sector-specific portfolios, and in this context:
- Monitoring activities and developments in the EU institutions and the stakeholder community;
- Drafting background documents and policy briefings for the organisation;
- Developing issue-specific policy positions, papers and consultation responses;
- Initiating, planning and implementing events;
- Representing the organisation internally and externally.
- University degree, preferably in European or international affairs, politics, economics or law;
- At least 2 years of EU-related professional experience;
- Stated relevant expertise in project management;
- Knowledge of EU decision-making;
- Experience or strong motivation to work in the area of EU social policy/social dialogue/trade unionism;
- Excellent English language skills. Very good skills in other languages, especially German and/or Italian, would be an asset;
- Interest in public services and/or taxation and tax justice would be an asset;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Good analytical and drafting skills, strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a small, multinational and mutually supportive team.
Candidates are invited to send a CV and a cover letter including their salary expectations and their possible starting date to email@example.com by May 21 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.