A4E seeks Policy Director
A4E is looking for a motivated and experienced Policy Director (M/F) to join its team in Brussels. S/he will lead key policy campaigns on behalf of A4E’s members, ensuring that their interests are effectively represented and that the association’s voice is heard in Brussels and Europe. S/he will report directly to the Managing Director. In particular, he/she would be at the centre of advocating A4E airspace and safety policy matters at the EU and national level.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – in English with a proven ability to conduct policy research and analysis, develop advocacy strategies and translate complex technical concepts into policy-ready tools. Knowledge of an additional European language is a plus.
- A track record of influencing stakeholders on policy and legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative processes, gained through working in industry, government relations or EU affairs.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with government (EU/national) officials, policy makers and experts over time. Capacity to network in different settings and at multiple levels of decision making.
- Ability to work with diverse airline members and to build consensus among stakeholders with different perspectives
- Skilled organiser, capable of managing a challenging agenda with competing priorities.
- Excellent understanding of the aviation industry and airline sector, in particular.
- Good knowledge and experience in working with operational aviation policy issues, in particular airspace and safety, and in dealing with the European Commission, EASA and Eurocontrol.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
The selected candidate will:
- Work in a dynamic, diverse and international team in the heart of the EU quarter;
- Be uniquely involved with the aviation industry and European airlines in particular;
- Contribute to the development of airline industry priorities in the EU policy landscape;
- Manage and lead policy campaigns in line with the association’s objectives;
- Deliver in line with pre-set annual performance plan and KPIs
- Develop and assert association positions;
- Interact closely with airline members;
- Lead and coordinate the work of assigned A4E Working Groups and Expert Groups;
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the EU institutions and Member States.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV + letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 November 2017.