AbbVie seeks Government Affairs Manager
Government Affairs Manager
At AbbVie, we believe the world needs new approaches to addressing today’s health issues — from life-threatening illness to chronic conditions. We combine advanced science, expertise and passion to solve serious health issues and have a remarkable impact on people’s lives. With 29,000+ employees and medicines in over 170 countries, AbbVie is uniting the best of pharma and the boldness of biotech, to innovate end-to-end approaches that make a real difference in people’s lives.
JOB OBJECTIVES & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Build strategic relations and align mutual priorities with key external stakeholders to co-create health policies that positively impact standard of care for patients
- Oversee AbbVie policymaker interactions (Federal & Regional) in Belgium & Luxemburg: to develop and execute AbbVie’s health policy strategy and tactical plans.
- Develop strategy and concise multi-stakeholder engagement plans to optimise health policy making, funding & access for AbbVie products.
- Overcome health policy barriers to ensure optimal policy conditions and reimbursement for current and future AbbVie products.
- Play an active role within trade associations and other networking forums.
- Collect and share insights to support the development of value propositions addressing policy maker and other healthcare stakeholder’s needs (among others patient associations)
- Support AbbVie’s brand teams by developing governmental affairs initiatives to deliver on the brands objectives
- A keen sense of business acumen, and the ability to connect key business issues to public policy matters (and vice versa) and obtain value for/advance the business interests and reputation of the company
- Possesses a holistic perspective – understands the complex policy, political and regulatory implications of an entity that operates in highly regulated businesses
- Knowledge of the healthcare landscape, including healthcare initiatives and healthcare funding budget flows
- Knowledge of the needs and priorities of policy makers, MPs, government officials, payers and patient associations
- Knowledge of latest sustainable healthcare policymaking initiatives & trends
- Health-economic principles
- Trilingual: Dutch, French and English (written and spoken)
- Strategic thinker
- Strong influencing & networking skills both internally and externally
- Capacity to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders in order to build trusted relationships
- Good knowledge of the Belgium and Luxemburg Political & Institutional environment
- Ability to identify and prioritise key issues
- Ability to connect and translate the business priorities: e.g. to communicate complex, scientific issues to a range of audiences
- Dynamic, innovative, self-starter, takes initiatives and sees opportunities
- Team player
EDUCATION, BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Political Sciences, in Law, in Economics, Public Relations, Healthcare
- 5 years experience in the areas of Government Affairs, Market Access Value Proposition, Public Affairs, Patient Relation’s Management and/or other external related sectors
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare system in Belgium & Luxemburg
- Government Affairs experience, with previous involvement and success in co-creating the development of legislation and policy (regional & federal)
- Policy analysis and legislative experience and ability to draft position papers
- Proven extensive contact network and ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders enabling to co-create health policies that positively impact standard of care for patients
- Solid track record in team-building, coalition-making and executing multi-stakeholder/multi-dimensional initiatives