AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association seeks Environment Manager
ASD is currently looking for a proactive and experienced Environment Manager to join its international and dynamic team in Brussels. The role of the Environment Manager is to ensure that ASD members are up to date with changes in EU and international environmental legislation and initiatives, including assessing its impact on the sector. Your technical expertise and knowhow on key environmental issues will be highly valued.
The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD) represents the aeronautics, space, defence and security industries in Europe in all matters of common interest with the objective of promoting and supporting the competitive development of the sector. ASD and its members are committed to sustainable aviation and continuously strive to reduce aviation’s environmental footprint.
Under the guidance of the Civil Aviation Director, the Environment Manager shall:
- Provide organisational support to the Environment Commission and its working bodies;
- Provide expertise on key environmental issues, such as REACH, emissions, circular economy and sustainable alternative fuels;
- Coordinate ASD members at a global level in the International Coordinating Council of Aerospace Industries Association and environmental working groups of the International Civil Aviation Organization;
- Monitor and assess relevant political and legislative developments related to environment and climate change;
- Establish and maintain good contact with key stakeholder in the European Institutions and global stakeholders;
- Ensure synergies and cooperation inside ASD.
Background and experience
- Relevant university degree (law, political science, engineering, environmental studies, etc.);
- Very good knowledge of environmental policies and the AeroSpace and Defence industry;
- Very good knowledge of EU decision making processes;
- Working experience within the EU institutional environment or industry is an asset.
Skills and competences
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment;
- Political sensitivity and awareness;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in English and good knowledge of French;
- Computer literate (very good Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of SharePoint is a plus).
A full-time job in a dynamic and challenging environment with an attractive employment contract, including benefits (lunch vouchers, insurance and public transport). Starting date: as soon as possible.
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference “Environment”. The closing date for applications is January 20th, 2018.