AFEP seeks EU Policy Advisor
EU Policy Advisor (Temporary Position)
AFEP brings together large global multinational companies operating in France. AFEP aims to foster a business-friendly environment and to present the company members’ vision to French public authorities, European institutions and international organisations. AFEP works on cross-sectoral legislation, at French and European level, in the following areas: economy, taxation, company law and corporate governance, corporate finance and financial markets, competition, intellectual property and consumer affairs, labour law and social protection, environment and energy, corporate social responsibility and trade.
Our 118 member companies employ 8.5 million employees and deliver a consolidated turnover of € 3,000 billion worldwide.
AFEP is looking for a policy advisor to support its Brussels team. She/he will be employed for one year on a full-time basis. She/he will report to the Head of our Brussels office and work in close coordination with the Brussels team and policy experts based in Paris.
- Monitor and analyse EU policy
- Draft briefing papers on specific topics, including a monthly report on Brexit negotiations
- In collaboration with colleagues, prepare and attend internal working groups with members to set up the positions of the Association
- In collaboration with colleagues in Brussels and Paris, prepare meetings with EU policy-makers
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate degree in EU affairs, political science or law
- First experience in European affairs preferably in an EU institution, a large company, a consultancy or a business association
- Desirable: prior experience in some of the subjects covered by AFEP (see “About AFEP”)
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
- A good understanding of EU policy-making
- A real interest in lobbying and an ability to execute lobbying strategies
- Fluent in French and English
- Reliable, well-organised, proactive, transparent, team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Self-starter and result-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Research skills
preferably French “VIE contract” (only – 28 year-old EU citizens)
Please send your curriculum and cover letter in French if you are not a French native speaker or in English if you are a French native speaker before 15 September 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.