Airlines for Europe seeks Policy Director
A4E is looking for a motivated and experienced Policy Director (M/F) to join its team in Brussels. S/he will lead key policy campaigns on behalf of A4E’s members, ensuring that their interests are effectively represented and that the association’s voice is heard in Brussels and Europe. S/he will report directly to the Managing Director.
About Airlines for Europe (A4E)
Airlines for Europe (A4E) is Europe’s largest airline association, based in Brussels. Launched in January 2016, the association consists of Aegean, airBaltic, Air France KLM, Cargolux, easyJet, Finnair, Icelandair, International Airlines Group (IAG), Jet2.com, Lufthansa Group, Norwegian, Ryanair, TAP Portugal, Travel Service and Volotea, and plans to grow further. With more than 570 million passengers on board each year, A4E members account for more than 70 per cent of the continent’s journeys, operating more than 2,800 airplanes and generating more than €100 billion in annual turnover. More at www.a4e.eu.
- Exceptional communicator (oral and written) in English with a proven ability to conduct policy research and analysis, develop communication strategies and translate complex technical concepts into policy-ready tools. Knowledge of an additional European language is a plus;
- A track record of influencing stakeholders on policy and legislation;
- Excellent knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative processes, gained through working in industry, government relations or EU affairs. Prior experience in the aviation industry or transport sector is a plus;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with EU officials, policy makers and experts over time. Capacity to network in different settings and at multiple levels of decision making;
- Skilled organiser, capable of managing a challenging agenda with competing priorities;
- Understanding of the aviation industry and airline sector in particular.
The selected candidate will:
- Work in a dynamic, diverse and international team in the heart of the EU quarter;
- Be uniquely involved with the aviation industry and European airlines in particular;
- Contribute to the visibility of airline industry priorities in the EU policy landscape;
- Manage and lead policy campaigns in line with the association’s objectives;
- Develop and assert association positions;
- Interact closely with airline members;
- Lead and coordinate the work of assigned A4E Working Groups and Issue Groups;
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the European Commission, Parliament and Member States.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV + letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 January 2018.