ALDE Party seeks Fundraising Assistant (m/f)
The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support our ongoing fundraising & events activities, we are now seeking a Brussels based
Fundraising Assistant (m/f)
As Fundraising Assistant, you will report to the Events & Business Relations Manager and assist in all parts of the fundraising activities of the ALDE Party and its affiliate company the European Liberal Business Club.
The Fundraising Assistant’s main responsibilities will include…
- Assisting with the management of all current donors, sponsors, and partners;
- Background research, prospect scouting, and development of strategies to ensure innovative outreach to new fundraising targets & communities;
- Liaising with colleagues in the Political & Communications Unit to ensure the creation of relevant content for fundraising outreaches & proposals;
- Assisting on a wide variety of aspects of event organisation related to fundraising & sponsorship events including logistical organisation, invitations & programme shaping, onsite assistance;
- Administration of fundraising activities including preparation of contracts & liaison with Administration Unit on details;
- Administration tasks related to the European Liberal Business Club including member management, website management, outreaches & mailouts.
- Proven experience of fundraising activities including outreach & sponsor identification; management of existing sponsors; delivery of all aspects of sponsorship contracts for both high & low € contributions;
- Well-developed social skills and ability to network with a variety of different political & corporate stakeholders;
- Background knowledge of European Institutions, EU corporate environment, and political fundraising;
- Experience of events organisation, particularly sponsored, corporate, or fundraising events;
- Fluency in spoken & written English, other languages a distinct asset;
- Pro-active & responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks & situations and to propose creative solutions;
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail & a highly organised approach;
- Skills with NationBuilder tools or other fundraising software an asset.
- A young & dynamic international environment;
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development & learning;
- Some travel around Europe;
- A competitive salary package.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23 November at 12:00 CET, mentioning the vacancy reference “Fundraising Assistant 2016” in the subject line.