ALDE Party seeks Polish-Speaking Events Intern
ALDE Party – Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party seeks
Polish-Speaking Events Intern
The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports the activities of the party, organises its meetings, manages its external communication and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the organisation of our 37th Congress in Warsaw in December, we are now seeking a Brussels based Polish-Speaking Events Intern (m/f).
- As Events Intern, you will work with the events team on a wide variety of tasks leading up to & during the 37th ALDE Party Congress, taking place on 1-3 December in Warsaw, Poland.
- You will assist the work of the Events & Business Relations Manager in delivering the entire Congress, through both advance preparation tasks & onsite logistical support.
- This role will give you the opportunity to experience and get involved in all parts of event organisation and at the same time, greatly enhance your experience of the workings of a European political party.
The Events Intern’s main responsibilities will include…
- Assistance with all aspects of the advance event organisation – compiling invitations; managing attendee lists; monitoring delegations; assembling event information; budgetary assistance; liaising with suppliers & contractors etc.;
- Responding to information requests from a variety of stakeholders;
- Use of Polish language skills to help manage relationships with local suppliers;
- Assistance with a wide range of press & communications-related tasks around the event;
- Assistance with corporate part of Congress programme, including delivery of sponsored events;
- Full logistical support of the onsite delivery of the ALDE Party Congress;
- Assistance with other ALDE Party events taking place during Autumn-Winter 2016;
- Other assistance to the Events & Business Relations Manager, as required.
- Experience of events organisation;
- Fluency in spoken & written English and Polish, other languages an asset;
- Experience of communications, press or public affairs are also desirable;
- Pro-active & responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks & situations;
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail & a highly organised approach;
- Social skills with the ability to network with a variety of different political & corporate stakeholders;
- Some background knowledge of European Institutions & the European liberal family.
- A young & dynamic international environment;
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development & learning;
- A paid ‘contrat d’insertion professionnelle’ for a minimum of 4 months;
Some travel to Poland.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by Wednesday, 15 June at 12:00 CET, mentioning the vacancy reference “Congress Intern 2016” in the subject line.