Alliance for Biomedical Research offers EU Public Affairs Internship
EU Public Affairs Internship
Start: preferably September 2018, length 4 to 6 months
The Alliance for Biomedical Research in Europe is a not-for-profit organisation representing 29 leading European associations devoted to medical care and biomedical research that represents more than 400,000 researchers and health professionals.
The BioMed Alliance’s principal goals and objectives are to promote the best interests and values of researchers, of healthcare professionals, and of non-for-profit medical associations and organisations across all medical disciplines in Europe, in those general areas of common interest. Such areas include, among others, research funding, investigator led clinical studies and continuing medical education.
The BioMed Alliance aims to speak as a common voice of all its members and to represent them in common policy and strategic matters in seeking to:
- improve the biomedical research environment in Europe;
- foster frameworks for continuing education of healthcare professionals and academics in Europe.
You will be part of the team that is responsible for supporting collaboration and communication among the member organisations. You will be involved in the organization of events, in the development of advocacy actions and in providing information to member organizations.
- draft reports, minutes, policy briefings on Task Forces’ outcomes, BioMed Alliance’s meetings and on policy developments;
- provide summary of documents issued by the European Union’s institutions and other stakeholders;
- actively develop and maintain a network of contacts and use contact management tools such as contact database;
- monitor EU policy agenda research and health related;
- support the team in drafting newsletters and news items related to the organization’s activities;
- support the team in developing communication campaigns;
- support the team in organizing BioMed Alliance meetings and events.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English, as our work is exclusively carried out in that language;
- You will have a genuine enthusiasm for public affairs & advocacy and appetite to discover the not-for-profit universe;
- You should have an outstanding academic record to be able to deal with the multidisciplinary aspects of the role;
- You are EU citizen or holder of an Belgian work permit.
What we offer
We provide a friendly environment and the opportunity to acquire excellent professional experience with the purpose to help starting your career.
Please provide us with your CV and a motivation letter, both in English, to be emailed to Michel Ballieu, our Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.