Alliance for Rural Electrification seeks Communications Assistant/Intern (m/f)
As a partner organisation of Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) the Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) is the only business association in the world focusing on the development of off-grid renewable energy solutions for rural electrification in developing countries and emerging markets. We build on the experience from over 90 member organisations worldwide which represent the complete value chain of renewable energy technologies.
The Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) is seeking to recruit a
Communications Assistant / Intern (m/f)
from January – April 2016 (full-time; 38h per week) to assist with the following tasks:
- Support the Communications & Marketing Officer in the implementation of the organisation’s new website;
- Draft content for the new website;
- Liaising with the developer and members;
- Media monitoring and analysis;
- Where required, social media and event support.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree or equivalent in Communications / Public Affairs, preferably with focus on developing countries and on the energy / environment sector
- Previous work experience in an international, preferably European, Institution, NGO or company desirable;
- Strong organisational and advanced IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) including website management systems;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Experience in working with social media tools;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential (native speaker or equivalent); knowledge of other languages (particularly Spanish, French, Portuguese or German) would be an asset;
- Ability to provide clear and concise deliverables under time pressure;
- Keen eye for details;
- Independent, flexible, efficient and a good team player.
Candidates should address their application to Ling Ng, Communications & Marketing Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Thursday, 10th December 2015.
The application should include the following documents in English:
- Letter of motivation;
- CV (max. two-pages);
- Evidence of skills (e.g. references, certificates) requested;
- Information about the earliest possible starting date.
Please note that only candidates accepted for interview will receive an answer from the ARE Secretariat.