AmCham Belgium offers “Internship Events & Marketing Intern”
“Internship Events & Marketing Intern”
As the Events & Marketing Intern at AmCham Belgium, starting April 18, 2017, you will assist in all aspects of event organization.
What you tell your friends you do
“I rub shoulders with the bigwigs.”
What you will really be doing
- Planning interesting events for our members and the wider US-Belgium business community
- Defining target audiences, creating and sending invitations and promoting our events via other marketing channels.
- Attending our events, where you will help with setup, breakdown and other logistical aspects, and always greet our members with a friendly smile.
- Preparing and analyzing post-event surveys to ensure we continue to deliver relevant and quality events for our members.
- Writing blog posts about our events.
- Providing our members with high-quality, professional service.
How will you be doing this?
- You will use sophisticated online software, including SugarCRM and Net-Results, to develop email marketing campaigns.
- You will identify new online marketing trends and platforms to promote our events.
- You will propose engaging speakers and event formats.
- You will pro-actively gather feedback from our members and use it to improve our offering.
- You will collaborate closely with our events, communications and membership teams.
What we have worked on recently
We have co-organized the #Yes2Belgium Event with Prime Minister Charles Michel and over 350 guests together with 13 other Chambers of Commerce.
AmCham Belgium Team
You will be working in a dedicated and international team and report to the Events Manager, who is charged with daily management of the Events & Marketing Intern, and the Policy, Finance & Administration Director, who has overall management responsibility.
Required experience & skills
- You’re creative, with excellent writing skills and a flare for (visual) communication.
- You have a background in events planning, marketing and communications, or a related field.
- You’re tech-savvy and familiar with MS Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
- English is your mother tongue; and you have a good command of either French and/or Dutch (ideally both).
- You take pride in what you do and welcome feedback.
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail.
- A 6-month internship contract with remuneration.
- The opportunity to attend our events, where you will find inspiration and the chance to meet and interact with our high-level business and political contacts.
- The tools you need to do your job well, including new cloud applications like O365, SugarCRM, NetResults…
- An office in the heart of EU Quarter, so there’s plenty to do when you’re not at work.
When and how you will apply
- Deadline is close of business on March 17, 2017.
- Please email your applications (CV and letter of application) to Maxim Lenssens at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application Events & Marketing Intern – your name”.
We will interview
- The week of March 27, although selected candidates may be invited for an interview earlier. All selected candidates will be tested on their knowledge and skills.
American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
- Job Type
- Job Salary
- Job Category
- Date posted
- #campaign #EP2019 #politics #campaignmanager
- assistent der geschäftsführung
- business development
- campaign coordinator
- Circular Economy
- clean energy
- Climate change
- communication management
- communication plan
- community building and the use of social media
- community management
- digital economy
- eastern neighbourhood
- Environmental law
- eu delegation
- eu neighbourhood
- EU policy media
- eu project
- EuroCham Myanmar
- Europäische Union
- european affairs
- european commission
- European Parliament
- European politics
- European Studies
- excellent understanding of journalism
- focus on media and social media
- foreign affairs
- foreign policy
- full time
- global sales
- Human Rights
- information and communication
- international relations
- journalistic training
- Lobbying und Fundraising.
- media relations
- media training
- migration policy
- Nature protection
- neighbourhood area
- NGO- Human rights
- Non Profit
- political science
- Politische Wissenschaften
- Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
- professional expertise in international cooperation
- project management
- project manager
- proposal writer
- public affairs
- Public Policy
- Public Relations
- Regulatory Affairs
- senior manager
- social media
- Social media 6. Event management
- team leader
- think tank
- transatlantic relations
politjobs job alert
Register now for our free politjobs job alert:
politjobs job alert archive
- politjobs job alert EU 2018-39 – European elections: the race is on
- politjobs job alert EU 2018-37 – Brussels back to school: old problems, new candidates
- politjobs job alert EU 2018-32 – View from Colombia on Europe’s summer heat and the ECJ
- politjobs job alert EU 2018-29 – EU summer blockages: Trump, Brexit, Migration haggles
- politjobs job alert EU 2018-26 – Summer in the City
– advertisment –