Policy Coordinator (m/w/d)
As Policy Coordinator you will support AmCham Belgium’s public policy strategy, as well as wider services to the member community. This is a visible role, in which you will build relationships in order to keep a finger on the pulse of the international business community’s concerns in Belgium and represent the interests of our member companies to political stakeholders at all levels of government.
AmCham Belgium is a non-profit membership organization and one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, we have around 450 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. We do this by representing our members in the public debate and by organizing all kinds of events to offer networking opportunities and a platform to share knowledge, best practices and issues affecting our members.
Policy Coordinator (m/w/d)
What you will be doing
- Contribute to policy activities including the implementation of our 2019-2024 Policy Plan.
- Contribute to our research and publications, such as the Importance of US Companies and Business Barometer reports as well as our blog and #Yes2Belgium website, ensuring that these become a showcase for AmCham Belgium’s work and all member companies.
- Work with policy-focused committees and take on a staff liaison role for the Legal and Taxation Committee and its subcommittees to ensure that the advocacy projects they undertake are supported, efficiently resourced and implemented.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that the main website (which will be re-launched in 2020) and other media channels effectively communicate AmCham’s policy work and the work of the policy committees, and are a source of accurate information which encourages engagement for our overall membership.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Year of Healthcare (2020)
- Position the Chamber as a leading voice in policy discussions.
- Develop relationships with a broad cross-section of our members in order to keep abreast of their policy concerns, in coordination with other team members.
- Develop a network of contacts within the political world at Federal and Regional levels, in order to gain an insight into the policy priorities of the Government(s), the political parties and political party study centers, especially in areas closely related to members’ concerns.
Your experience and skills
- You have 1-3 years of working experience in law, public policy and/or government affairs.
- A background in law and/or fiscal policy would be desirable.
- You are familiar with the Belgian political scene. Previous experience working with political stakeholders is desirable.
- You are trilingual in English, Dutch and French (essential); one of these being your mother tongue and having a high spoken and written level in the other two.
- You are a ‘people’ person, able to interact naturally with individuals from different backgrounds and points of view, experience and seniority levels, etc. You are able to build relationships of trust with members, political contacts and other stakeholders.
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
- You enjoy teamwork and can demonstrate you have the ability to multitask and ensure overlapping projects are implemented well and on time
- You are persistent in achieving your goals and understand the importance of follow up.
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail and accuracy.
AmCham Belgium team
Reporting to the Policy, Finance & Administration Director, you will be working in a dedicated and international team with their own specialization and interests.
- A 6 months full-time contract, leading to a permanent contract.
- The opportunity to organize policy-related events and to attend internal and external events where you will find knowledge, inspiration and the chance to meet and interact with our high-level business and political contacts.
- The tools you need to do your job right, including working with new cloud applications like O365, SugarCRM, Exact, NetResults.
- An office in the heart of EU Quarter so there’s plenty to do when you’re not at work.
When and how you will apply
- Deadline is Friday, January 10, 2020. However we reserve the right to make a recruitment decision before the deadline.
- Please send us your cover letter and CV in English and in the format ‘LAST NAME First name’ by email to Ms. Cristina Munteanu at email@example.com with the subject line “Application Policy Coordinator – LAST NAME First name”. Please do not include a photo in your CV or cover letter.
- Please let us know where you saw this position advertised, as well as your availability. We would like the chosen candidate to start as soon as possible.
- We are only able to consider candidates who are already based in Belgium.
- While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!