American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium seeks Policy Intern
at AmCham Belgium, starting February 1, 2017, you will play a key role within the team responsible for the new edition of our flagship publication “Priorities for a Prosperous Belgium”.
What you tell your friends you do
„I’m the go-to reference for Belgian public policy matters.“
What you will really be doing
- Listening to the concerns of our member companies in all interactions with them.
- Drafting policy recommendations for the Belgian Government(s), in collaboration with our Committees.
- Positioning the Chamber as a leading voice in policy discussions on issues that matter to our members.
- Writing blog posts and email newsletters on relevant policy topics.
- Providing our members with high-quality, professional service.
- Delivering quality work, which is easily maintainable.
How will you be doing this?
- You will stay on top of policy developments by reading Belgium’s leading business and financial newspapers.
- You will find and share information on the changing nature of the economy and international trade, from a variety of sources.
- You will pro-actively gather feedback from our members and use it to inform your work.
- You will collaborate closely with our policy and communications teams to deliver great content.
- There is always a budget for good ideas.
What we have worked on this year
Together with 10 other foreign Chambers of Commerce, we organized the #Yes2Belgium Event with Prime Minister Charles Michel and the international business community in support of Belgium as a place to live and work.
AmCham Belgium Team
You will be working in a dedicated and international team with their own specialization and interests.
Required experience & skills
- You have excellent writing, research and analytical skills
- You have some way to prove that you’re really smart.
- You’re a wizard in data analysis.
- You have a background in business/economics, public policy, international relations or related field.
- English is your mother tongue; and you have a good knowledge of either French and/or Dutch (ideally both).
- You take pride in what you do and welcome feedback.
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail
- An intern contract, with remuneration.
- The opportunity to attend our events, where you will find inspiration and the chance to meet and interact with our high-level business and political contacts.
- The opportunity to have your writing read by hundreds, if not thousands, of people.
- The tools you need to do your job right, including new cloud applications like O365, SugarCRM, NetResults…
- Room for you to do things your way.
- An office in the heart of EU Quarter so there’s plenty to do when you’re not at work.
- A full-time job could be offered to the candidate who successfully completes this internship.
When and how you will apply
- Deadline is December 23, 2016.
- send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by email to Maxim LENSSENS at email@example.com with the subject “Application Policy Internship – your name”
We will interview
- on January 9-13, although selected candidates may be invited for an interview earlier.