amfori seeks Environment Sustainability Expert
Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
Build our organization to be future fit
We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members’ voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale.
Support our members through insight, expertise and influence
We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
Inspire action around the world
We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
We will continue to embed sustainability in our members’ organizational DNA; build capability and capacity and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
Through our combined membership we will reach a tipping point where business behaviour can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create profitable business.
Culture & Values
- Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
- Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
- Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
- Offers expert advice to determine short, mid and long-term objective and priorities for the environmental programs at amfori
- Provide insights, trends, data and analytics regarding the environment which will help shape the amfori long term plan
- Build a strong network with relevant stakeholders, academia, think tanks, expert industry organizations and institutions to support building the amfori environmental strategy
- Research on key critical topics related to improving environmental performance in supply chains to support and champion innovative ideas and prioritize opportunities based on the highest level of relevance and impact
- Contribute to communication (with internal and external stakeholders) on high probability, high impact and relevant trends related to the environment
- Provide expert advice and guidance to support internal and external queries regarding sustainable environmental supply chains
- Ensure deep expertise in environmental topics, reflecting key trends, research and analytics
- Ensure access to relevant information and content through several sources, including a network of academia specializing in environmental topics
- Ensure the organization has the highest level of expertise in environmental topics in order to respond to internal and external queries
- Master’s degree in Science, Environment Management or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in sustainability or environmental programs preferably in a supply chain role
- Experience working in a multinational consumer goods company preferable
- Proven experience and keen interest in research for strategy and innovation
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Collaboration and existing network with academia / think tanks highly preferred
- Global exposure
- Thorough working proficiency in English, any other language is an asset