Amfori seeks Advisor Environment and Product Policy
Advisor Environment and Product Policy
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,000 retailers, importers, brands and associations from more than 40 countries. Our membership contains organisations of all sizes and all sectors with a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
Our mission is to enable each of our members to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges and we need to work collaboratively to tackle them. Together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
amfori is headquartered in Brussels with a strong network of representatives based across 14 countries. We offer members a practical framework and world-class tools to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate future trends. We advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with national, European and international partners to achieve social, environmental and economic progress.
amfori –“Growing high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow”
Contract type: CDI
To strengthen our Advocacy team, we are looking for an Advisor Environment and Product Policy.
His/her primary responsibilities will be to keep amfori members informed on important developments in the field of environment and product-related regulations affecting global supply chains, to participate in policy discussions about trade and consumer and environment protection, to represent the association’s interests in the EU policy-making process, to collaborate with overseas colleague on policies of common interest, to support amfori BEPI and organise member-focused events, and to offer members expert advice on EU domestic regulations affecting international trade issues.
The Advisor will report to the Director Advocacy.
The position’s areas of competence encompass:
- Chemicals policy (EU and globally)
- Consumer protection
- EU environmental regulations
- Food policy
- Regulatory developments in third countries
- Monitor policy developments and establish positions
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies and campaigns
- Express amfori’s position vis-à-vis relevant policy-makers and stakeholders
- First contact point for members on product-related issues
- Run the related amfori Project Group
- Organise amfori policy events in Brussels and Europe
- Active contribution in relevant policy forums
Professional skills and abilities
- University degree
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of EU regulatory affairs
- Good understanding of global supply chains
- Excellent knowledge of English, other languages are a plus
- Diplomatic, cordial, articulate and assertive
- Able to build strong connections with a wide range of members and stakeholders
- Highly developed writing, presentation and analytical skills
- Flexible, dynamic and open personality
- Ability to adapt in a multi-cultural team
What we offer
- An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities
- Belgian permanent employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme
The position is located in Brussels. Occasional travelling is required.
Please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org