APCO Worldwide seeks Project Assistant (m/f)
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm, headquartered in Washington, D.C. with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO helps clients anticipate what’s next and smartly manage reputational, communication and business opportunities and challenges that affect organizations, products, services or brands. Our diverse and hands-on global team of more than 700 experts comes from the environments clients need to reach, from former elected leaders, journalists and ambassadors to government officials and business executives.
The Brussels office consists of 30 multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. healthcare, financial services, ICT, competition, transport, energy and environment etc. By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions.
APCO Worldwide seeks a
Project Assistant (m/f)
The Project Assistants will be involved in both Public Affairs and communications work and will support consultants on one or more of APCO’s diverse client practices while also conducting broad research and intelligence assignments for the general purpose of the Brussels office. The candidates are expected to demonstrate a solid understanding of the EU policymaking process, be fluent in English and have good written and oral communication skills.
- The following are specific duties performed on a daily basis:
- Provide general research and intelligence to the office (eg. monitoring media, institutional developments, legislative updates);
- Develop understanding of different client/ industry issues through research and monitoring across a wide range of relevant issues;
- Draft client materials (eg. monitoring, stakeholder mappings etc.);
- Actively support new business opportunities by contributing to brainstorms, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing decks;
- Support media relations (eg. drafting press releases, producing media lists etc.);
- Support client event organization;
- Ad hoc admin support tasks (eg. Translations)
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of EU financial services, foreign affairs, competition policies or another policy field is a plus;
- Interest and understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures
- University Degree in European law, politics or other relevant field;
- Prior experience working in the European institutions, in-house, consultancy desirable;
- Language skills: Fluency in English (spoken and written), excellent command of at least one other language (Eastern European and/or Russian is considered as a plus);
- Good communication & writing skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
- Eligible to work in the EU
Rue Montoyer 47
Thanks for applying until January 6, 2015 using our online tool by clicking on the following link: http://www.apcoworldwide.com/…
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be contacting successful candidates.