Aqua Publica Europea seeks Policy Officer
Aqua Publica Europea (APE) is the European association of public water utilities. Our mission is to promote public water management at European and international levels.
APE brings together public water operators and their national associations from 11 different European countries. Overall, our members provide high quality water and sanitation services to over 70 million European citizens.
We are recruiting a Policy Officer to join the association’s Secretariat based in Brussels. The successful candidate will be part of a small but growing team.
- Monitoring EU policy developments and contributing to strategic policy analysis for members.
- Contributing to the drafting of position papers and other policy material together with the Secretariat and the members.
- Identifying relevant stakeholders and establishing effective relationships.
- Implementing advocacy actions under the mandate of the management board.
- Representing the association in formal and informal meetings and reporting to members and to the management board.
- Participating in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings together with the APE team.
- Supporting association management activities (including Working Groups and other internal activities).
- Acting as a backup for communication activities.
- Master’s degree in EU policy or other relevant field.
- Three to five years of professional experience, preferably in environmental and/or water policy.
- Good knowledge of the EU policy-making process and environmental policy.
- Knowledge of the water sector/industry.
- Outstanding written and spoken English (native level) and high proficiency in French.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information in a concise, accurate and understandable manner for different audiences.
- Computer proficiency (including Excel), flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (including public speaking and presentation skills).
- Proactive team player with the capacity to propose ideas and lead new projects.
- Proficiency in other European languages (especially Italian, Spanish or German).
- Knowledge/experience of EU project management.
- Previous experience in a membership based association.
What we offer
APE will offer a salary in line with experience. The salary package includes meal vouchers (‘Chèques Repas’), hospitalisation insurance and partial reimbursement of transportation costs (public transport).
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 16th of April 2018 (please also specify how you heard about this position).
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the second stage of the recruitment process which will involve a written test and an interview.