Assistant (m/f/d) in the Field of Social Media
The S&D Group in the European Parliament is recruiting an
Assistant (m/f/d) in the Field of Social Media.
Temporary Agent, article 2(c) CEOs, grade AST 3,
Within the Press and Communication Department, the social media assistant is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the Group’s social media strategy in order to increase the S&D Group’s awareness, online presence and improve visibility. The job contains the following responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and implement the S&D Group’s social media strategy;
- Create and edit content including visuals and graphic designs for social media platforms;
- Report on strategic and analytical performance;
- Assess opportunity of new social media trends and advise;
- Cover live events on social media;
- Work closely with audio-visual team and press officers;
- Monitor social media and user engagement and suggest content optimisation;
- Provide assistance and advice to Members’ social media activities;
- Carry out life-long learning and training others in the team.
Candidates must fulfil the following conditions:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Produce the appropriate character references for the performance of their duties.
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- A level of post-secondary education attested by an officially recognised diploma showing completion of studies in the field of communication followed by a minimum of five years’ professional experience as a social media specialist or similar; or
- A level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to postsecondary education, and at least seven year’s relevant professional experience in the field described under “Job Description”.
A thorough knowledge of either English or French is required and a good knowledge of either English, French, German or Spanish is required. Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union will be taken into account.
The work requires frequent travel outside Brussels, in particular to Strasbourg.
The selection procedure will be on the basis of qualifications and tests.
Those interested can find all the necessary information in the notice of recruitment on the EP S&D Group website:(http://www.socialistsanddemocrats.eu) together with the application form. The instructions contained in the Notice of Recruitment must be strictly adhered to. The application form together with the supporting documents must be sent by registered post with receipt of delivery by Wednesday 8 April 2020 at the latest (date of postmark).
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!