Association of Commercial Television in Europe seeks Communications & EU Affairs Manager
Communications & EU Affairs Manager
The Association of Commercial Television in Europe represents the interests of leading commercial broadcasters in 37 European countries. The ACT member companies finance, produce, promote and distribute content and services benefiting millions of Europeans across all platforms. At ACT we believe that the healthy and sustainable commercial broadcasting sector has an important role to play in the European economy, society and culture. Our role is to protect and to promote the interests of the European private broadcasters. We engage with the EU institutions to achieve a balanced and appropriate regulatory framework which will encourage further investment and growth in our sector. This will allow the commercial audiovisual industry to continue to do what we do best – getting great content to viewers.
The Association of Commercial Television in Europe (ACT) represents the leading commercial broadcasters in Europe and is looking to hire a Communications & EU Affairs Manager to support the team with work in the field of AV and data related files that impact the commercial television sector. The candidate will also lead the implementation of the Association’s thought leadership agenda on and offline. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with great analytical and communication skills as of mid-September 2018. The candidate will report to the Director of Legal and Public Affairs, and ultimately to the Director General.
- Development of policy positions and analyses, leading ACT’s AV Task Force;
- Institutional relations & outreach, regular interactions with EU Institutions (EP, EC, Council);
- National association coordination, driving our work with national partners;
- Stakeholder coordination, working alongside partners and coalitions to deliver common messages;
- Implementing the outreach plan, including event A-Z management;
- Representing the association externally, on panels, hearings and other events;
- Representing the association online, manage ACT’s communications on relevant socio-professional networks.
Must Haves (Candidates without the below need not apply)
- You speak and write English fluently and another EU language;
- You have a good understanding of audiovisual and data legislation;
- You have at least four years experience in European public policy working in Brussels for a trade association, regional/national representation, law firm, consultancy or other relevant organisation.
Other important elements to your profile
- You have a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as law, political science or European studies;
- You have experience with EU digital policy and audiovisual policy;
- You have good knowledge of EU decision-making processes;
- You have good knowledge of the media business environment and its interaction with policy;
- You have the ability to multi-task and a proactive, self-starting ‘can do’ attitude;
- You feel comfortable speaking in public and on on-line channels;
- Good team player;
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Social Networking: you have a proven aptitude to communicate on social networks.
The package for the post is competitive
As soon as possible and at latest September 12, 2018
For more information please send your CV and a cover letter to Alison Leonard at email@example.com with subject line – “ACT vacancy – Senior policy/comms vacancy”. Please allow for a few days before contacting us for a follow-up.