Association of European Component Manufacturers seeks Secretary General
ASERCOM (the Association of European Refrigeration Component Manufacturers) is the platform for dealing with scientific and technical topics and their challenges, promoting standards for performance rating, methods of testing and product safety, focusing on improved environmental protection, serving the refrigeration and air conditioning industry and its customers.
ASERCOM addresses top issues and communicates relevant opinions of its members to the industry, the public, governmental bodies and nongovernmental organizations.
ASERCOM represents the interests of its members’ industry, such as
- issuing guidelines and positioning papers linked to the state of the art in environmental protection;
- supporting measures for energy efficiency improvement and leakage reduction in systems;
- handling certification programs for compressor and condensing unit performance;
- elaborating safety regulations and other technical standards;
- promoting worldwide harmonization of component standards and regulations;
- consolidating production and market statistics.
Overall duties of ASERCOM’s Secretary General
- Aligns the strategy with Board members and secures appropriate implementation;
- Represents ASERCOM members companies’ interests vs. political and commercial bodies, organizations and companies;
- Secures competition laws’ compliance and fair competition within the industry actors through various certification programs;
- Supports exchange of information and implementation of cooperative measures in Europe, USA and Asia with other organizations/associations;
- Runs appropriate communication activities to promote ASERCOM and develops memberships;
- Industry knowledge as well as good command of several foreign languages is a must for the position.
- Prepares annual budgets, annual financial reports, other reports and supervises the accounting carried out by an external accounting company;
- Prepares and animates General Assembly and Board Meetings.
Guidance and supervision of steering committee and working groups
- Directly supervises the steering committee;
- Sets directions for working groups and follow up to secure achievements;
- Propose organizational adjustments to best support Board members’ strategic direction.
Type of Contract
- Consultancy Agreement (on an independent self-employed basis) with a 4years contract.
- flat fee per day worked, maximum 120 days per year;
- fee includes a home-office with necessary communication equipment;
- Reimbursement of expenses (Travel, phone, Internet etc.) within the limits of an approved budget.
Please send your application letter and CV to ASERCOM c/o Annette Schroeder/Assistant, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.