Association of European Producers of Steel for Packaging seeks Sustainability Officer
APEAL – the Association of European Producers of Steel for Packaging is a federation of four multi-national producers of steel for packaging. In total these four companies employ over 200,000 workers in Europe.
Founded in 1986, APEAL represents:
- 95% of the total European production of steel for packaging;
- the production of up to 4.8 million tons of steel for packaging per year (equivalent to 42 billion steel cans).
While more than half our production is used in the fast moving consumer goods industry, primarily in food and drink, the applications of steel for packaging are vast, covering virtually the entire range of industrial and consumer products from chemicals in high pressurized aerosols to vacuum sealed baby milk powder.
We are looking for a Sustainability officer starting ASAP.
Main duties are
- Contribution to APEAL’s dossiers on LCA’s and packaging recycling related activities as main working packages;
- Lead, monitor and report on project basis;
- Ensure internal APEAL working group secretariat;
- Contribute to the daily operation of the office;
- Networking and representation;
- Reports writing on technical topics and quality assessment of deliverables by partners;
- Input to the Public Affairs and Communications activities.
- Recycling rates yearly updates;
- Critical review of the recycling reports;
- Steel recycling good practices overview and guidance for industry/policy makers.
Life Cycle Assessment
- Monitoring EU and specific national regulatory developments (e.g. PEF);
- LCI updates in collaboration with partners;
- Respond to information requests from stakeholders;
- Representation of the sector in various multi-stakeholders platforms and industry alliances.
- University degree in engineering, scientific degree or related fields;
- 2/3 years work experience in European Affairs, preferably in a European association;
- Strong project management skills;
- Good written and spoken English, other EU language an asset (German, French, Dutch, Slovak or others);
- Thorough understanding of the functioning of the EU Institutions;
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), diplomatic and organisational skills;
- Resilient personality and ability to work independently with tight deadlines and in a multi-cultural team;
- A high level of self-motivation;
- Understanding of steel production (a plus);
- Good knowledge of use MS Office;
- Short-term availability.
The selected candidate will be offered a full-time contract under Belgian law.
Competitive salary and benefits according to qualifications and responsibilities.
Deadline for applications: 18 May COB.
Please send your cv and cover letter to Alexis Van Maercke: email@example.com.
Please note that only three to five shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 24 May 2018 for an interview in the APEAL premises on 28 and 29 May.