Autism-Europe seeks Advocacy and Project Officer
Advocacy and Project Officer
Autism-Europe recruits an Advocacy and Project officer
Autism-Europe is an international association whose main objective is to advance the rights of autistic people and their families and to help them improve their quality of life. We represent a network of almost 90 members organisations in 38 countries.
Would you like to support us in our mission and work in a small and dynamic team?
You support Autism-Europe’s team in various domains: advocacy, internal and external communication; projects and fundraising.
Tasks – Advocacy
- Support us in delivering Autism-Europe’s message to policy-makers and all relevant stakeholders, including the wider public;
- Support us in building more awareness and better understanding of autism and autistic’s people needs in Europe;
- Support the organization of our annual campaign activities, meetings, events and roundtables;
- Conduct surveys and research to back-up our policy demands;
- Monitor, assimilate and research relevant information sources and communicate on key developments;
- Draft policy statements and positions based on members’ input and available evidence in response to European consultations.
Tasks – Other responsibilities
- Support the Communication officer (website, social media, news, publications, etc.);
- Support the internal communication: drafting reports and meeting minutes;
- Contribute to our European projects’ activities in relation to dissemination and policy;
- Support the organization of members’ meetings;
- Contribute to fundraising efforts through the preparation of funding proposals, reporting and drafting of materials or initiatives for donors.
- Enthusiast at the prospect of working in the NGO sector and advocating for disability rights;
- Experience and knowledge of EU/UN processes, strong interest in the areas of disability rights and social inclusion;
- Background in political sciences, with good knowledge of EU policy making;
- Flexible and interested in a position that will give you a variety of job duties;
- Strong writing skills: ability to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments;
- Ability to convey complex information in an accessible manner;
- Excellent command of English (speaking and writing); French or other languages an asset;
- Proactivity. Problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to work autonomously in a small team;
- Strong computer literacy;
- Able to undertake occasional travels in Europe
- Contract: one-year contract, with possibility of extension, full time (38h/week);
- Salary between 2200 EUR and 2500 EUR gross/month depending on profile, plus benefits (holiday pay, 13th month, luncheon vouchers, monthly transport contribution);
- Job location: Brussels – Belgium;
- Start time: as soon as possible.
- Submit your application in English by August 5th 2018, at the latest;
- Send us your CV and a letter of motivation, describing your interest and relevance to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Interviews will take place in September.