Avaaz seeks EU Campaign Director
Avaaz’s Campaign Directors direct the core work of the organisation, and together with the Executive Director form the Senior Team that engages with all strategic and organisational questions.
This is an exciting leadership position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising public organisations in the world today. It offers a unique platform from which to develop and pursue large-scale social change efforts.
As a Campaign Director, you will be responsible for researching, conceiving, developing, and running campaigns on a range of national and global issues, helping to channel the time and money of our members in the most effective ways possible.
EU Campaign Director
- Monitoring world events and identifying opportunities for strong campaigns.
- Consulting with experts and rapidly developing a strong strategy, policy, and message.
- Drafting compelling campaign emails and other communications.
- Project managing campaign teams, and line managing campaigners.
- Conducting high-level advocacy and relationship building with government, business and third sector officials.
- Public speaking and media.
- Helping to craft the overall strategic direction of Avaaz, and at times taking responsibility for recruitment, team building and management, and special projects.
This is a demanding role that requires remarkable talent in a wide range of areas.
The main skills you will display are:
- Strong strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Strong project and staff management skills.
- High degree of knowledge and engagement across a range of global issues, combining the ability to engage in depth with questions of policy and political strategy with a readiness to move swiftly from issue to issue.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, fluent French, Spanish or other EU languages are strongly desired. Additional languages are an asset.
Avaaz is a virtual organisation, with most of our work done over email, telephone and Skype.Our staff are based in cities all over the world and meet at team retreats twice per year. For this position we would prefer candidates based in the EU/ UK, but welcome other applicants in the region/ time-zone. Avaaz covers office costs, either to establish a home office or to rent one, and we support staff to house themselves in local similar organisations when preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary varies with location and experience, but is highly competitive with leading nongovernmental organisations. Benefits also range with location, but include 5 weeks paid vacation per year.
Apply for this position: https://avaaz22194.recruiterbox.com