BASF offers Trainee EU Government Relations
Trainee EU Government Relations
We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Communications & Government Relations Europe guides the political dialogue between the BASF group and the political actors within the EU, especially the political institutions of the European Union and the related organizations. This contains monitoring the policy and legislative trends, taking a stance for the BASF group, as well as the internal and external communication regarding these themes.
What you can expect
Based in Brussels, in the heart of the European quarter, you will be part of a team that stretches to Ludwigshafen, our headquarter, as well as to Berlin.
- Integrated in the unit Communications & Government Relations Europe, you bring your expertise to our multi-dimensional dialogue and engagement with predominantly political stakeholders regarding the strategic positioning of BASF combined portfolio.
- Depending on current projects, you will assist our Senior Managers gather and analyze information on coming regulations related to topics like energy and climate policy, the circular economy, innovation & technology that are affecting our company.
- Based on the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU, you will map and establish the contacts for the related topics with key stakeholders, Permanent Representatives, Bulgarian MEPs and Commission officials.
- Thereby, you will participate in the development of positions, key messages and presentations on those topics.
- Finally, you will assist in the preparation and organization of various meetings and events with BASF participation.
What we expect
- You are working towards a degree in European Economic studies, European Legal studies, EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies or European Political and Administrative Studies.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and cross-cultural awareness.
- Native Bulgarian speaker or excellent communication skills in Bulgarian are preferred.
- Beyond that, you demonstrate a proactive attitude, strong analytical skills and a good knowledge of the decision-making process within the European legislative system.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.