Bayer seeks Trainee (m/f)
Bayer is looking for a:
Trainee Agriculture Policy and Stakeholder Affairs (m/f)
The successful candidate will support the work of Bayer Division Crop Science in its engagement with the European Institutions and the Brussels-based Agri-Food Sector. This position will be part of the Agriculture Policy and Stakeholder Affairs Team within the Bayer EU Liaison Office. Working at the intersection of agriculture, business, politics and media, we are looking for candidates with experience in the European Institutions in fields related to agriculture and environmental policy, with superior writing and communication skills and native or equivalent level of English.
The trainee will be asked to:
- Monitor relevant EU-legislation and policies, mainly in the field of agriculture, plant protection, seeds & biotechnology
- Assist the management in preparing policy documents, presentations & draft newsletters
- Assist in the management of a broad internal and external network of stakeholders
- Organise and participate in internal and external events,
- Good knowledge of the functioning of the European Union. Experience within the EU Institutions will be a strong benefit
- Knowledge and interest in environmental policy, agriculture & biotechnology
- Very good writing skills and an affinity for creative thinking, social media and new ways to communicate about complex topics in the field of agriculture.
- Native or equivalent level of English is a precondition. Knowledge of German, French and/or another European language would be a plus
- Good team player and ability to work independently
- The position is open as of immediately and will last for 6 months, extendable
- The working contract shall be made under Belgian law
- This is a paid internship, with a competitive compensation
How to apply?
Via email addressed to email@example.com; Phone: 0032 (0)2 550 21 16
Application must contain:
- A short statement in English, specifying why you would like to join Bayer Division Crop Science
- A CV in English or German
Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and to its social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen. In fiscal 2015, the Group employed around 117,000 people and had sales of EUR 46.3 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to EUR 2.6 billion, R&D expenses to EUR 4.3 billion. These figures include those for the high-tech polymers business, which was floated on the stock market as an independent company named Covestro on October 6, 2015. For more information, go to www.bayer.com.