Burson Cohn & Wolfe seeks Consultant – Digital Communications & Sustainability
Consultant – Digital Communications & Sustainability
Burson Cohn & Wolfe (formerly Burson-Marsteller) is one of the world’s leading communications consultancies. Our Brussels team specialises in European public affairs and integrated campaigning. We are looking for a mid-level consultant, who has a passion for digital communications and sustainability issues.
- Provide strategic advice to a wide range of clients including multinational blue-chip companies, international organisations and EU institutions
- Plan and implement end-to-end communications campaigns on EU issues in Brussels and across EU member states, including:
- Conduct research on audiences and issues to define the objectives and messaging
- Develop integrated communication strategies, across digital and traditional media
- Collaborate with colleagues to design and produce content, including graphics, websites, videos, mobile apps, print materials and advertising
- Manage clients’ digital channels, including social media, website, email
- Evaluate and optimise performance across channels and activities to drive maximum effectiveness through the life of a campaign
- Manage financial aspects of client accounts
- Manage resources of project teams
- Grow client business where possible
- Play an important role in leading and/or supporting new business opportunities
Competencies & Skills
- Three to seven years relevant experience in EU public affairs in Brussels, preferably in a consultancy working on B2B communications. Experience with the EU institutions and/or trade association would be an asset
- Knowledge and keen interest in EU sustainability policy with a focus on at least one of the following policy topics: chemicals, circular economy, energy and climate
- Full proficiency & understanding of strategy & positioning, messaging, media relations and digital platforms
- Strong communications skills, particularly high-level writing skills and knowledge of digital communications strategy
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field, such as communications, marketing, sustainability
- Experience in people and client management
- Excellent social skills and team spirit, with a hands-on and solutions-driven work mentality
- Strong communication skills and political insight
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Critical thinking with a desire to learn in a fast-paced and international environment
- Excellent spoken and written English – German speaking would be an asset (other languages are a plus)
BCW is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world’s leader in communications services. For more information visit www.bcw-global.com.
You will find a collegiate and collaborative environment at BCW Brussels. Our colleagues are diverse and talented people who create a nice working environment and deliver innovative solutions to our client.
Our campaigns are increasingly digital, social and creative, making the most of our global network to produce global impact. While clients are mostly private companies and organisations, governments and institutions regularly seek our counsel as well.
To apply for this position click here.