Bellona offers Policy Assistant Internship
Policy Assistant Internship
We are looking for an intern for a six month paid internship to support our Brussels office in all its activities. The envisaged start date of the internship is end of January 2018.
- Preparing regular news summaries and updates on climate solutions and technologies of relevance to Bellona’s work;
- Writing articles on topics related to climate, energy and transport for Bellona’s website and the monthly Bellona Europa newsletter;
- Monitor, follow-up and report on legislative developments of relevance to Bellona;
- Providing practical and substantive support to the organisation of Bellona conferences and events;
- Attending advocacy meetings, conferences and events and preparing event reports and meeting notes;
- Assisting with ad-hoc translation tasks.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Economics, European studies, Law, Political Science or similar;
- Knowledge of EU policy and decision-making processes and institutions;
- Work experience or demonstrated interest in climate and energy, with professional experience in EU institutions an asset;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Knowledge of Norwegian or other Scandinavian language is an asset;
- Strong research and analytical skills, and ability to quickly grasp ideas and digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Positive attitude, flexible, enthusiastic, energetic, motivated, team-player;
- Legal right to reside and live in Belgium for a minimum of six months.
If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating ‘Bellona internship application’ in the subject line, by Sunday, 14 January 2018 latest.