Better Finance seeks Executive Director
Better Finance is a non-profit international NGO with its office in Brussels acting as an independent financial expertise centre to the direct benefit of European financial services users (individual shareholders, investors, savers, life insurance policy holders, pension fund participants, mortgage borrowers, etc.) and other stakeholders of European financial services who are independent from the financial industry,. At present we count more than fifty national and international member and sub-member organisations. In turn those count more than four million individual members. The European Union supports Better Finance activities since 2012.
Better Finance is looking for its
Executive Director in Brussels.
The successful candidate will be the number two executive of Better Finance, and will be directly in charge of our policy activities, as well as seconding the Better Finance Managing Director in leading the organisation, and representing it externally. We are a young, flexible, and dynamic organisation and we offer an exciting job in an international working environment with travel opportunities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To lead and manage Better Finance policy, advocacy and research activities in the field of European financial services and corporate governance;
- To second the Managing Director in leading and managing the organisation, in particular when the Managing Director is out and traveling. This includes representing the organisation externally with key stakeholders;
- To develop or supervise reports, position papers and responses to consultations on current issues related to the scope of Better Finance’s interests;
- To meet EU policy makers and participate to meetings, conferences and advisory groups related to the scope of Better Finance’s interests.
The Executive Director will directly supervise the Better Finance policy officer, and will report to the Managing Director.
We are looking forward to further develop our Brussels’ team by welcoming a senior executive and an enthusiastic team player, willing to help grow our already fast developing organisation to the benefit of EU citizens as savers, individual investors and financial services users.
The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Be committed to Better Finance’s mission;
- Minimum 2 years of successful experience with EU policies and advocacy related to the financial services areas;
- Minimum 3 year of successful experience in managing a team of co-workers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (working language) as well as an excellent command of French and/or German required. Candidates must have excellent levels of at least two of the languages;
- Good command of economic and financial concepts, and interest in financial issues, financial regulation and their impact on EU citizens;
- Be a results-oriented self-starter, and a self-motivated non-partisan individual, with a sense of leadership and loyalty;
- Be a team player.
Commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please click here.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Belgium.
We look forward to receiving your application.