Boehringer Ingelheim seeks EU Policy Intern
EU Policy Intern
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
ROPU MIDI is a Regional Operating Unit consisting of 8 mid-sized European countries; Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and The Netherlands. MIDI is a multicultural and diverse work environment. More than 1.800 employees are striving to work together to improve lives for patients and animals in our region.
For our Corporate Office EU in Brussels, we are currently looking for an EU Policy Intern to expand the team. In this new and exciting role you contribute to the implementation of Boehringer Ingelheim’s European Public Affairs Strategy and further development of the Public Affairs function across the region.
You will be part of the Corporate Office EU team, where you will get the chance to build up a valuable experience for making the next step in your career.
In this role you report to the Head of Corporate Office EU, and closely cooperate with colleagues at Global Headquarters and offices across the region.
This is an internship opportunity for six months, starting from 1st September 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor EU legislation and policy initiatives relevant to Boehringer Ingelheim’s business
- Support in policy research and drafting policy briefings
- Participate in events and meetings in European institutions and industry associations; prepare reports
- Support in organizing meetings and events
- Support the Head of Corporate Office EU and EU Policy Associate in their various tasks and responsibilities
- Bachelor or Master Degree, preferably in Political Science, Business, or Communications
- Good understanding of the EU’s key policy-makers and stakeholders, decision-making processes and legislative procedures
- Strong interest in health, research and industrial policy-related issues
- Excellent command of the English language, German and other EU languages are considered a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and proactive attitude
Please note that only application including a cover letter and resume in English will be considered for this role.
If you have any questions related to the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition MIDI: TalentAcquisitionMIDI.EU@boehringer-ingelheim.com