You will have a key role in shaping, managing and implementing our public policy strategy in Brussels. You will be representing the interests of Booking.com before European policy makers and other relevant policy and regulatory stakeholders in the EU environment, and help us analyze complex legal, regulatory and policy developments in the EU landscape.
The EU Public Affairs Manager will report into the Head of Public Affairs EMEA. You will also work closely with the rest of the Public Affairs team located at our global headquarters in Amsterdam and at strategic hubs around the world, as well as with other departments within the company, local offices, and external partners such as consultancies and trade associations.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to make a real impact as part of a small, global team.
- Help shape, manage and execute a public policy strategy to support business priorities and Booking.com’s corporate profile in the EU landscape
- Represent the company’s interests in Brussels engaging with relevant political and regulatory audiences
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of relevant discussions, regulatory decisions and stakeholder activity on key public affairs / reputational issues
- Draft position papers, consultation responses, presentations and briefings for internal and external meetings, and organize campaigns and events to advance those messages
- Proactively coordinate and communicate internally to align messaging and provide colleagues with a thorough understanding of EU developments
- Help facilitate high-level meetings with key stakeholders to promote and advocate the company’s public policy priorities
- Coordinate with external consultants and closely align with relevant trade associations
- Masters degree in policy, European Studies, international affairs, or other relevant field
- A proven track record of at least 5-7 years of relevant EU experience, ideally in one of the European institutions in combination with inhouse or consultancy experience in the area of EU public affairs
- Deep understanding of policy and legal challenges facing the technology industry (digital single market, platform economy)
- Excellent oral communications skills and ability to distil complex information into clear messages that will resonate with political and regulatory audiences, as well as into simple updates for the business teams
- High quality written skills and practical experience in drafting materials for use by regulators, senior executives or politicians
- Experience developing creative and effective public affairs campaigns that underpin the company’s business objectives
- Outstanding organizational abilities, in particular, the capacity to manage multiple workstreams at one time and the proactivity to drive work programmes forward and co-ordinate the involvement of all relevant stakeholders
- Experience working in fast-paced, multicultural environments
- Experience with managing sensitive reputational issues and/or crises
- Ability to engage directly with policy makers and to act as a spokesperson for the business
- Self-starter that is also an excellent team player
- Strong influencing skills and ability to inspire confidence, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels
- High level of integrity with ability to develop both internal and external credibility
- Hands-on, results-focused and impactful
- Strong written and verbal English language skills and fluency in at least one other main European language
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.