BSA seeks Senior Policy Manager, EMEA
Senior Policy Manager, EMEA
BSA | The Software Alliance is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. It is an association of world-class companies that invest billions of dollars annually to create software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life.
In close consultation with our members, BSA | The Software Alliance works with policymakers, stakeholders, and legislators around the world to ensure the industry can develop innovative technologies and access global markets.
BSA is headquartered in Washington, DC, with operations located throughout the world, including policy advocates in Brussels, the United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore, China, India, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and Brazil.
Current Situation and Statement of Needs
BSA is currently seeking to retain the services of an experienced policy expert with a policy background in software or data issues, such as privacy, cybersecurity, and intellectual property. This is a contract position that will work closely with the BSA team to help develop strategies and implement plans to advance BSA’s advocacy agenda in Europe on behalf of BSA members.
- Assist BSA member companies in developing and executing on BSA policy priorities that advance the deployment of software services, such as artificial intelligence, data analytics, blockchain, Internet of Things, and cloud computing.
- Advise BSA and members on substantive areas of focus, including privacy, cybersecurity, intellectual property, procurement, data economy and digital trade.
- Represent industry and advocate BSA objectives and positions in related policy debates with relevant EU Commission, European Parliament, Agencies and national government representatives.
- Monitor EU developments on policy issues such as privacy, cyber security, artificial intelligence, intellectual property and participate in relevant meetings, conferences and workshops including EU-Presidency events, to advocate BSA policies.
- Generate strong working relationships with, and communicating BSA policies to EU and other government officials.
- Develop strong working relationships with other industry groups and sectors to increase effectiveness.
- Ensure alignment and timely information exchange with BSA members and staff.
- Project management of planned BSA events on key policy issues
Priority Countries and liaison with BSA’s Local Committee
- Advise on the development and implementation of BSA policy outreach activities in selected priority countries.
- Keep local BSA Committee Members apprised of relevant policy developments and ensure alignment and timely information exchange with selected Committees as appropriate.
Develop strong relationships with BSA member companies.
Advise and support BSA communications staff on the advancement of BSA’s objectives in the media.
The candidate should have–
- a graduate degree in law, political science or international relations studies;
- legal experience in technology, security and intellectual property legislation; and
- six to ten years’ experience routinely negotiating and interacting with the EU institutions.
Prior experience in an EU institution is a plus. Must be a strategic thinker with outstanding communications skills and enjoy working collaboratively to meet the objective of a global team and organization.
Outstanding communications skills in English and working knowledge of another EU language (French, German preferred) are necessary.
How to respond
Responses, referrals and questions should be emailed to email@example.com