CEFIC seeks Research & Innovation Communication Assistant
The Research and Innovation department of Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is currently looking for a
Research and Innovation Communication Assistant (m/f)
Temporary position – to start as of March 2016 until February 2017.
Cefic, the forum and voice of the chemical industry in Europe, is the largest European trade group in Brussels; we offer valuable and rewarding work experience in a welcoming, stimulating multicultural team.
For this position, we need highly motivated individuals with excellent spoken and written English to manage European funded project communication and help with various projects relating to resource and energy efficiency, water, raw materials, biotechnology, smart cities, innovation for growth and sustainable chemistry in the following areas:
- EU project communication management
- Events communication management
- Research and analysis; copywriting; drafting and publishing documents or press releases
- Coordinating communications campaigns
The assistant will work with colleagues in the Research and Innovation team in charge of specific issues, and report to the Communication and Emerging Science Policy Manager. The extent of their responsibilities and autonomy will depend on their capacity to take initiatives and manage projects, as well as their skills, areas of specialisation and previous experience.
Typical projects can consist of:
- Manage the communication work packages of EU funded projects.
- Manage event communication campaigns, including making suggestions on ways to communicate around a specific issue or event.
- Ensure continuous and timely input of research and innovation topics to the Cefic internal newsletter.
- Produce (collate, edit or draft) texts to be published (print or online) and maintain the unit’s websites, including: the news section, the event’s calendar, new content for thematic pages and member’s databases (www.suschem.org and project websites).
- Develop visually attractive presentations.
- Support the Communication and Emerging Science Policy Manager in strategic communication.
- Able to work in English: excellent spoken and written English. Any additional EU working languages is an asset.
- University degree in communication, journalism, international relations or related area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in similar positions in communications or public affairs.
Ability to synthesize and translate complex issues into clear and concise messages.
- Very well organised, able to exercise initiative and organize work under strict deadlines with the ability to set priorities, strong analytical skills an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-starter, flexible approach, ready to adjust priorities and be available when needed to tackle urgent requests.
- Highly computer literate; familiar with MS Office, web content management systems and social media.
- An operational knowledge of web content management systems and related Internet tools, and/or elements of design, video editing tools and basic knowledge of publishing softwares are all assets.
- Strongly motivated, high amount of initiative, enjoys working in a multicultural team.
Interested? Please send your application (short motivation letter + curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages) before 15th February 2016 to Cefic, Gert Roelandt, Human Resources Manager, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.