CEPI seeks „EU Public Affairs Manager“
EU Public Affairs Manager (temporary position)
CEPI (Confederation of European Paper Industries) is a leading trade association based in Brussels, at the forefront of representing the views of the paper and forest fibre industry. At the cross-roads of challenging climate, energy and sustainability objectives, CEPI is pursuing its vision to become a low carbon bioeconomy leader.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic young public affairs professional, for a temporary period of 8 months, (mid-April – December 2017) for maternity cover in our multi-national team of 19 colleagues.
The job opening offers you the opportunity to contribute to our growth by conducting CEPI’s public affairs as part of the communications team, engaging political and professional stakeholders, and by ensuring smooth internal operations and planning events.
Duties and responsibilities:
As Public Affairs Manager at CEPI, reporting to the Director General, you will be in charge of:
- Monitoring EU policy developments in the fields of environment, climate, energy
- Drafting and executing the CEPI advocacy plan on key issues
- Drafting policy briefs and summaries on key documents and policy updates
- Engaging with officials and organizing meetings, conferences and events
- Seeking opportunities for CEPI in speaking and presenting at public events
- Combining political communication with social media together with CEPI’s communications team
- Informing and liaising with CEPI membership and related industry sectors to mobilize expertise and coordinate joint approaches
- Previous work experience in the European Parliament and/or Public Affairs required
- Excellent written and spoken English, good command of additional European languages is an asset
- University, preferably a master’s degree education in a relevant field
- Professional experience of at least 3 years
- Ability to lead and contribute to projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with environment, climate change and energy policies
- Effectively deliver presentations to large audiences
- Strong social skills and a team oriented working style
- Ability to quickly integrate in a new team and be result-oriented
A varied full-time position in a dynamic, international, friendly team. While the everyday working environment is light-hearted, the team is passionate about CEPI’s work. We offer an attractive remuneration package, including benefits.
How to apply:
Interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com, with “Public Affairs Manager – Application” in the subject line.
Deadline to apply: 1 March 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be organised in March. To facilitate a smooth handover, the candidate shall be available to start mid-April.