CEPS seeks Researcher/Research Fellow – “EU Energy Policy”
The Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), a Brussels-based European policy research institute, has an immediate vacancy for a
Researcher/Research Fellow – “EU Energy Policy”
About the position:
As CEPS will be expanding its activities on EU energy policy, we are looking for an expert in this field to join our energy team. Initial focus of the position will be on issues regarding EU electricity market design, including on the policy framework for renewable energy sources (RES). However, the overall scope of the position will eventually cover a wide range of issues related to the transition to a low-carbon and resource-efficient economy within the context of the Energy Union. The successful candidate will work on several projects of CEPS’ Energy and Climate Change Unit, preparing reports and policy briefs as well as organizing stakeholder dialogue and events related to these issues.
Qualifications (please read carefully):
- A minimum of three years proven experience in energy related policy research
- PhD or MA with equivalent professional/academic experience in (energy) economics or other European and energy related studies
- Excellent understanding of EU energy policy and internal market legislation
- Familiarity with the working of EU institutions
- Fluency in spoken and written English is indispensable
- Excellent drafting skills
- Good networking and organisational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
Position and compensation will be adjusted according to qualifications. The post starts as early as mid-March 2015 for an initial duration of one year, to be extended upon performance. Candidates should send a short cover letter (max. 1 page!!!) and a short CV (including name and contact details of three referees) by e-mail to email@example.com.
Deadline: 27 February 2015. Earlier applications are encouraged. Interviews will be held on 9 and 10 March at CEPS in Brussels.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.