Charities Aid Foundation seeks Senior Campaigns and Public Affairs Officer
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) is looking for a Senior Campaigns and Public Affairs Officer to join its Policy and Campaigns team, helping to support Britain’s charities and encourage millions of people to give around the world.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic
Senior Campaigns and Public Affairs Officer
working from our London office. As part of the Policy and Campaigns team, you will help to implement hard-hitting, insightful campaigns, policy and public affairs work, which effectively influences decision makers and opinion formers and sets the agenda on issues affecting charities and charitable giving.
A proven campaigner or public affairs specialist, you will have the experience to help us promote greater giving to the public, business, Government and to Parliament. You may have worked for a Minister or an MP at some stage in your career, or in a fast-paced campaigning, influencing or policy environment. Whether it’s helping run a campaign designed to secure change, engaging MPs or helping respond to a consultation, you will also have the ability to influence people at all levels and operate under intense time pressure.
Main purpose of job:
To deliver campaigns and public affairs work that effectively promotes CAF’s aims and values, and enhances our reputation within the charity sector and elsewhere; to take a lead role in planning and implementing campaigns for CAF; to influence government and parties on policy issues, and use contact with political representatives to further CAF’s work; to use public affairs opportunities and events to convey CAF messages and develop relationships with external stakeholders; and to help create a dynamic and fast-paced team environment and operate effectively as a team player
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver campaigns and public affairs work which effectively promotes CAF’s organisational aims and increases the profile of the organisation
- Help ensure that CAF’s campaigns strategy and activities are aligned to the department’s strategic objectives and CAF’s organisational objectives
- Work closely with the Campaigns Manager, Head of Policy and Campaigns and other colleagues to draw up campaigns activity and shape strategy
- Take a lead role for CAF on campaigns, including the planning, delivery and evaluation of campaigns activity
- Work effectively to plan and deliver events for campaigns, public affairs and policy work as required
- Identify key audiences to engage with for campaigns and public affairs work
- Build relationships with external stakeholders and campaign partners, and represent the organisation effectively at external meetings and events
- Develop effective working relationships with other departments across CAF, and ensure that wider activity is supported and valued by the organisation
- Assist with parliamentary and other political activity to promote CAF’s campaigns and policy aims as required
- Help ensure that CAF effectively influences decision makers and opinion formers across party conference season
- Produce strong, accurate briefing and promotional materials to further CAF campaigns, for both internal and external consumption
- Write articles and blogs for both internal and external use, and work with the media team to secure opportunities to highlight CAF’s campaigns and public affairs work
- Manage external CAF websites and social media presence to raise awareness of CAF’s campaigns and policy work
- Help increase the external profile of the organisation as a media spokesperson, and by presenting at high-profile national and international conferences, events and meetings
- Work with the research and other teams to demonstrate the impact of CAF’s campaigns and public affairs work, and ensure that data is clearly represented and used to further CAF’s messages
- Uphold CAF values, and help create a dynamic, fast-paced team environment underpinned by a lively, can-do attitude
For further information on this exciting opportunity click here.
To to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter quoting reference number SC479 to firstname.lastname@example.org