ChildFund Alliance seeks Manager (m/f)
ChildFund Alliance seeks a:
Manager (m/f) (part time, 50%)
This newly created and exciting role in our Brussels office is a great opportunity for an experienced professional with an in-depth knowledge of EU policies and processes as they relate to development and children’s rights.
You will provide senior strategic support to the ChildFund Alliance Board across its policy, campaigning and fundraising activities. You will need to demonstrate that you have the relevant experience to enable you to identify the best advocacy, funding and partnership opportunities and work collaboratively with ChildFund Alliance members to enable them to seize on them.
- To further position ChildFund Alliance and its members as reliable partners of EU institutions and other stakeholders in development cooperation and the children’s rights agenda;
- To manage relations with EU institutions and facilitate members’ engagement with EU institutions;
- To provide strategic leadership for members’ EU grant acquisition efforts, and to strengthen member coordination in this area.
- University degree (at least MA or equivalent) in an area relevant to the position, ideally development, humanitarian aid, human rights, European affairs or international affairs;
- A least 5 years proven experience of EU affairs, with a particular focus on EU development cooperation and donor relations;
- Networking experience with EU institutions, with particular emphasis on EU development cooperation and external affairs (EuropeAid, ECHO, EEAS) and ideally experience of working in and across INGO networks;
- Understanding of or experience with children’s rights/issues;
- Fluent English and French;
- Excellent communication, networking, representational and writing skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a large international network;
To apply please send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please set out clearly how your previous experience equips you for the role and give two examples of how you have contributed to successful outcomes across any of the areas of responsibility listed above.
Deadline for applications: 25 September at midnight CET.