CIFE seeks Intern
Host organisation: CIFE (Centre international de formation européenne)
Available position: 1
Length: between 3 to 6 months
Starting date: preferably 14 September 2015
Location: Nice, France
CIFE is offering a 3-to-6-months-internship* in its Nice-based academic teaching and research centre starting on 14 September 2015. CIFE is a private institution of higher education and research, founded in 1954 with its head office in Nice and branch offices in Berlin, Bruxelles and Istanbul. It receives special funding in the framework of the Jean Monnet Programme of the European Union.
Every year, students from all continents and a great variety of countries enroll in its programmes. Next to its Master’s programmes in European and international studies CIFE offers a Summer University programme, evening courses, conferences as well as an academic quarterly on EU-related topics.
We are an international, open-minded and dynamic team showing confidence from the beginning and setting great store by personal responsibility.
Workspaces and Job Responsibilities
The vacant internship is offered in our public relations department.
Your fields of work would be:
- Assistance to the general work of Public and Press relations
- Research on content and maintenance of the CIFE and IE-EI websites,
- Assistance with the daily social media communication
- Realisation of CIFE’s regular Newsletter
- Content research and refining of the communication strategy for a new programme
- Editorial work on our print publications, brochures, flyers etc.
- Creation and maintenance of (direct-)mail campaigns
- Advancement of CIFE’s media strategy
Competences and skills required
- Academic background (BA level or higher)
- The candidate should be enrolled as a student (and possibly have an internship agreement** with his/her university)
- Strong interest in European integration and International Relations and/or Public Relations
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of French and German
- Strong initiative, flexibility and autonomy in your work habits
- Team-working skills
- Cultural sensitivity
* The duration of the internship depends on the candidate’s disposability: minimum 3 months, maximum 6 months
** For candidates who are no longer enrolled at a University and who are Germans or live in Germany there is the possibility to apply at the Deutsch-Französisches Jugendwerk DFWJ to receive an extra-curricular internship agreement (“convention de stage”) within DFWJ’s PRAXES programme. See www.dfjw.org/praxes
What we offer
During your internship you will experience a strong professional environment where you will have many opportunities to network, learn and develop in areas of your interest, helping you to shape your future career, inter alia you can experience different workspaces of a higher education institute.
Furthermore you gain the opportunity to work in a pleasant international and multicultural working environment in close cooperation with students, administration and faculty.
The remuneration of the internship refers to the French legal framework.
How to apply
Please address your application to Ms Kristina Petersen and send it until 13 July 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include a motivation letter and your CV. References are adjuvant.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted before 20 July set an online interview date.