CISL seeks Consultant Climate and Policy Platforms (m/f)
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual consultant to work with a small dynamic and fast paced team at the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) that engages with senior business leaders and policy makers to unlock new climate change policies and support the transition to a low-carbon economy. We are only able to offer a consultancy contract in the first instance but it is our intention to set up a subsidiary company owned by the University of Cambridge to support CISL’s work in Brussels.
The team works at the UK, EU and international levels to deliver influential projects that include The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group, the Green Growth Platform, Corporate Leaders Network for Climate Action, and the internationally renowned Corporate Climate Communiqué series.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to help us deliver, develop and grow this portfolio of work, working on projects focussed on the EU and internationally. You will contribute to strategy development, manage and develop events and projects, work with senior contacts (including policy makers, business leaders and academic experts) and help with the development and writing of key thought leadership content. All of this will support our mission to bring business leaders and policy makers together to unlock solutions to global climate challenges including energy decarbonisation and low carbon investments.
Consultant Climate and Policy Platforms (m/f)
You will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Qualification to at least degree level
- Understanding of sustainability, climate and energy issues and how they affect leadership in a business context
- Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders including business leaders and policy decision makers
- Ability to think strategically
- Understanding of how national and international policy is made and influenced, particularly in the EU institutions
- Confident facilitator and excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to make complex content accessible to a wide range of audiences
- Experience of working in a fast-paced pressured environment as part of a project team
- Strong project management skills, including financial planning, with experience of developing, maintaining and delivering against budgets
- Good analytical skills with high standard of attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, be flexible and manage competing priorities, and to manage others in that context
The following attributes are desirable:
- Relevant degree
- Understanding of the business sector
- Understanding of energy sector or finance sector
- Experience of engaging in policy development
- Experience of event management
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email a cover letter (explaining the relevance of your skills and background to this position) with a résumé to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 14 August 2015