Coca-Cola seeks Belux PAC Senior Manager
Everyone knows Coca-Cola. It’s the best-known product in the world. We’ve been making it since 1886 and it still tastes the same.
As a business, The Coca-Cola Company is constantly evolving – we develop new products, acquire great brands and pioneer new ways of doing things. We sell four of the world’s top five non-alcoholic sparkling drinks (Coke, Coke light, Sprite and Fanta) and 3,600+ products in over 200 countries, including water, juices, energy drinks, and even tea and coffee. Altogether, that adds up to more than 1.9 billion drinks around the globe every day.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), we are located in 60 countries and organized as six business units: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); Western Europe (WEBU); Turkey, Caucasus and Central Asia (TCCA); Middle East and North Africa (MENA); West Africa (WABU); and South and East Africa (SEABU). These six strong business units allow us to operate at scale while ensuring flawless delivery through local market operations working closely with our bottling partners who manufacture, package and distribute our soft drinks.
We offer our associates:
• The Coca-Cola Company’s extraordinary heritage, our leading brands and the global scale of what we do.
• The challenge of meaningful work – our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly international career.
• A unique culture where people do what they love and live their values.
• The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
At The Coca-Cola Company, our people have their own formula for turning passion into action. Together, that’s how we push the world’s greatest brands to new heights. What’s your secret formula?
Belux PAC Senior Manager
The core job responsibility is to shape, promote and protect the reputation of Coca-Cola (primarily the company but also the category and the brand) within Belux to create the conditions for sustainable business growth in line with the Vision 2020 goals.
The key objectives for this role are to:
• To provide the overall strategic direction and handle ongoing priorities within the area of public affairs and communication in the Belux markets.
• Enhance and protect the ‘license to operate’ and reputation of our Company, Category and Brands in Belux including potential impacts on our reputation across Europe and Globally.
• Drive franchise leadership with Coca-Cola European Partners to ensure plans are aligned and effective
• Execute strategies and programs that contribute to our Earning Trust (CORA, CATA) metrics, as well as our 2020 Vision growth targets through driving preference for our brands.
• To support all major business initiatives where communication might be of added value for the success of the local business
• Public affairs and stakeholders engagement:
– Acting as a lead representative of the company in Belux to further the system’s interest through the establishment of effective government and industry relations and building strong relationships and golden triangle partnerships with KOLs/businesses.
– Maintain franchise leadership through alignment on stakeholder outreach and goals.
• Corporate and category reputation management
– Lead initiatives that foster grass root connection through Community and Youth empowerment platforms, and proper amplification through paid owned and earner media
– Manage the Health and Wellbeing debate among HPCs, KOLs, Media and targeted consumer groups across Belux by active management of the Health and Nutrition manager Beux
– Influence/direct the activities of national food and drink and soft drink trade associations, strengthening their proactive and reactive comms, GR and stakeholder management,
– Create and implement (in line with Western Europe/Global strategy) effective programs to enhance corporate reputation, further the corporations sustainability agenda and enhance category perception
• Media Relations (including digital)
– Active management of the Communications manager in relation to media. Act as a Company spokesperson in Belux when needed.
– Prepare and distribute news releases and corporate statements through most appropriate channels
– Manage preparation and execution of content for distribution through traditional and digital media
– Lead proactive media relations, developing personal contacts with a broad range of influential journalists, including business, health, medical, consumer affairs, science correspondents and influencer bloggers.
– Prioritize and manage all traditional and digital media issues that affect our reputation, and that could impact in our “licence to operate”
– Manage all IMCR cases according to the global standards (validation every two years) in partnership with CCE.
• Brand/Marketing Communications
– Manage the preparation and execution of marketing PR campaigns in co-ordination with the Communications manager and Western Europe Brand PR lead
– Liaise with the PR agencies to ensure the level and quality of service is as per the agreements/contracts
– Liaise with the brand leaders in order to receive timely information on the upcoming campaigns
– Risk assessment of brand plans
• Internal Communications
– Ensure that achievements and issues of Coca-Cola are communicated to all employees in a timely manner
– Partner with bottler and HR to drive the Ambassador programme – i.e. equip our people to be confident and proud to talk about Coca-Cola
• Manage suppliers, manage budget, co-ordinate Foundation submissions and local sponsorship activities.
• Report to the Belux Country Director and dotted line to WEBU PAC Director
• Liaise and influence across marketing, SRA and HR functions Belux
• Take strong franchise leadership with established CCEP PAC team in Belux
• With Western Europe PAC Director and other cross-geography Centres of Expertise as necessary (e.g. Brand PR, Health and Nutrition)
• Senior Government Ministers/officials/advisers, Advertising Authority Agency, Competition Authority in her geographies
• Stakeholder communication, direct and through media
• Agency management
• Senior NGO staff, think tanks and pressure groups
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
• 7-10 years of experience in senior roles as Public Relations/Public Affairs manager in recognized FMCG company or reputable PR agency.
• Experience in operating in complex organization.
• Experience of issues and crisis management.
• Experience of advising senior management at MD/CEO level.
• Be constructively discontent
• Identify and evaluate growth opportunities with a results mind-set
• Demonstrate curiosity, including freedom to experiment and learn from mistakes
• Manage risks appropriately
• Drive rapid implementation/ commercialization of value add ideas
• Lead continuous improvement by appropriately challenging status quo
• Initiate search and re-application of internal and external ideal
• Express passion for the System, our brands, business and people; role model and build brand ambassadors
• Communicate a compelling vision and strategy
• Translate complex strategies into clear, understandable courses of action
• Take bold initiative, acting quickly upon opportunities
• Empower others to meet and exceed their objectives and bring passion to their work
• Lead a culture that promotes trust and integrity
• Model effective behaviours
Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders
• Leverage broad influence and communication strategies to encourage business partners to action
• Understand goals, motivations and strengths of key stakeholders
• Collaborate and leverage common ground as foundation for credible, long- term relationships
• Leverage insights of partners’ needs to create and implement winning shared plans and practices
• Ensure alignment of initiatives across the Company
Develop Self and Others
• Build diverse, inclusive teams and engage all members
• Develop the next generation of leaders; coach, develop, mentor
• Initiate strategies to engage and retain key talent
• Ask for and act on feedback
• Create an environment of learning from others and sharing knowledge and experience
• Promote health and well-being as a resource for greater personal fulfilment and productivity
• Build capabilities through developing people, processes and culture
Act Like an Owner
• Drive execution of strategic plans to meet and exceed 2020 vision and goals
• Set and accomplish ambitious objectives
• Hold self and others accountable for results
• Embed sustainability into plans, impacting people, communities and environment
• Make decisions with a focus on increasing company value; manage resources effectively; ensure others act responsibly
Leads System Alignment
• Applies a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of the total system to build trust and credibility with key System Stakeholders
• Leads a joint planning process
• Builds confidence throughout the system through consistent commitment and execution of joint strategies and plans
• Aligns TCCC and System resources and capabilities to ensure effective, efficient, and consistent execution of joint strategies
• Builds an environment that encourages open discussion that ultimately create solutions that benefit the total system
• Drives System Alignment through the establishment and institutionalization of effective management routines, processes and in-market interaction.
• Fosters joint learning and best practice sharing between TCCC and its bottling partners
Builds System Health
• Applies knowledge of total system operations and drivers of economic profit in leading the creation of system value
• Leads the development of joint strategies that capture the value from short term, long term, and transformation opportunities
• Protects the integrity of our business through effective stewardship and governance of quality policies and corporate governance initiatives
• Oversees the long term health of the system by monitoring and seeking improvement on key performance indicators (i.e., Brand health, people engagement, customer satisfaction, corporate social responsibility, equity, and financial)
• Analyses and interrogates the competitive consumer goods landscape to identify risks and opportunities.
• Builds effective capability of and efficiency in the System by analysing and interrogating current state and leading alliances between key stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree in PR/Communications related discipline, Marketing or Social Sciences
• Preferred: Masters’ Degree in Public Relations
• Written and spoken English and local language
• Develop, nurture and review credible and tangible activities to bring global, continental and local corporate commitments together with other functions alive to fulfil our 2020 Vision in her geographies
• Create, develop and execute communication strategies and plans to support business plans and objectives
• Manage messages target to the outside environment (e.g. press, key influencers, stakeholders)
• Cultivate, nurture and maintain contacts with key business critical constituencies (media, government, business and others), outside and inside the system
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING
• Acknowledge and assume responsibility for actions, recommendations and decisions that may have a profound impact on the Company.
• Evaluate initiatives, discuss options, make decision and acts accordingly in order to manage issues and protect or promote the Company reputation.
• Be able to take responsibility and accountability on PAC Director’s place in her geographies.
15% travel required