COGEN Europe offers EU Public Affairs internship
EU Public Affairs internship
COGEN Europe is Europe’s umbrella organisation representing the interests of the cogeneration industry, users of the technology and promoting its benefits in the EU and the wider Europe towards the EU Institutions and other relevant stakeholders. Our members include the key players in the energy sector including gas and electricity companies, ESCOs, equipment suppliers, consultancies, national promotion organisations, financial and other service companies.
Cogeneration is the simultaneous production of heat and electricity from a single plant, being the most efficient way to deliver heating, cooling and electricity and resulting in massive energy and GHG emission savings.
COGEN Europe is looking for an intern to join its team in Brussels and support with the following:
- Monitoring policy files (e.g. Renewable Energy, ETS, Energy Efficiency, Electricity Market Design etc.)
- Drafting reports, newsletters, speaking points, briefing notes and position papers
- Coordinating COGEN Europe’s Working Groups activities
- Supporting the project team for projects managed by COGEN Europe (ene.field and PACE)
- Contributing to the planning and organisation of external events (e.g. COGEN Europe Annual Conference)
- Performing administrative tasks when required
Main skills and requirements requested:
- Study one of the following fields: environmental studies, political sciences, economics, law, European and/or international relations
- Excellent command of English, both orally and in writing. Good command of another EU language will be considered an asset
- General knowledge and interest in EU decision-making process, as well as in EU’s energy and climate policy
- Reporting, writing and presentation skills are an asset
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational team and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to handle stress, plan and meet deadlines
Terms and Conditions
- This is an unpaid internship. As compensation, you will be involved in all the core activities of the association and get a first-hand experience in EU Public Affairs in Brussels
- This internship is for students only. Only candidates with a convention de stage will be considered. Do not apply if you do not meet this requirement
- Start date: End September 2017 on a full-time basis (5 days per week from 9.00 to 17.30)
- Length: 4 months
- Interviews will be held in our offices in Brussels.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 September with ‘COGEN Europe – EU Public Affairs internship’ in subject. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews. Successful candidates will be notified shortly after the interview. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us, please consider that you have not been successful this time and we wish you good luck in your search for an internship.