Communications Officer (m/f/d)
EuroTech Universities Alliance searches
Communications Officer (m/f/d)
The ideal candidate is an experienced communications specialist with the ability to handle a number of diverse projects and tasks dealing with EuroTech Universities Alliance online and offline communications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the development and implementation of internal and external communications of the EuroTech Universities Alliance Brussels Office;
- Revising communication strategy for the Alliance Brussels Office, taking into consideration needs and requirements of the member Universities;
- Developing and coordinating publications (print, online) and other materials (visuals, infographics, slides, etc.);
- Developing and managing content across all digital channels: website, social media, mass mailing systems;
- Align Brussels Office communication with the member universities communication effort;
- Lead the Communication Working Group, which includes communication experts from the member universities;
- Supporting Liaison Officers in reinforcing collaboration between the member universities in relation to projects, Focus Areas, workshops and other activities;
- Coordinating conferences and other events, including preparation and organisation of High-Level Events, liaison with the member Universities and speakers, promotion of the event and event reporting;
- Staying current with design trends, tools, materials and practices;
- Coordinating public appearances for organizational leaders;
- Ensuring day-to-day management of Alliance Website, Social Media Activities, Media Relations and Contact Management System;
- Evaluating communication campaigns;
- Writing press releases and editing position papers.
- Native or close to native level of English, written and spoken with a good working knowledge of French; Any other language will be an advantage;
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (Communications, Public Relations);
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years work experience in Communications, Press Relations;
- Excellent command of MS Office, including PowerPoint, as well as WordPress and e-mail marketing systems; Command of Adobe Creative Suite desirable;
- Strong graphic design, art/illustration, and visual storytelling background with a creative aesthetic;
- Knowledge of the EU, Education and Research and Innovation agenda and stakeholders;
- Digital native: experience in using mass mailing systems and social media channels;
- Experience managing high-profile events;
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management and organizational skills and results oriented;
- Strong affinity for science, tech and political communications.
What we offer
- Enjoyable working environment in a diverse and dynamic multinational team;
- Full-time contract under Belgium law and an attractive salary/benefits package in line with experience and skills;
- Possibility for professional development and training.
Please send your CV, motivation letter in English, examples of graphic design from your existing portfolio, and information/pictures from events organised by you to be sent to:
Tatiana Panteli, Head of Brussels Office
The deadline for application is: 23rd of January 2020
Interviews will take place at EuroTech Universities Alliance Brussels Office premises in late January – beginning of February 2020.
Starting date: first quarter of 2020
About the EuroTech Universities Alliance
The EuroTech Universities Alliance is a strategic partnership of leading European universities of science & technology committed to excellence in research and jointly developing solutions to the grand challenges of society. The members are: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), the Technion, Ecole Polytechnique (L’X), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Technical University of Munich (TUM).
The EuroTech Universities alliance is a strategic partnership of leading European universities of science and technology committed to excellence in research and education, jointly developing solutions to the grand challenges of society. The alliance combines the complementary strengths of its partner universities to jointly achieve multi-scale initiatives of high impact to society and to industry in an international context. It engages with all societal actors to raise awareness on the opportunities offered by science and technology.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!