Communication Consultant (m/f/d)
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic professional as Communication consultant to work for a European Union-funded project aimed at enhancing and structuring dialogue between the EU and South Neighbourhood civil society (hereafter named as “Majalat”). The position would be a limited consultant contract of 30 working days to be spent from October to December 2019. The work will be based in EuroMed Rights office in Brussels and home-based with compulsory presence in Brussels during the event (02-03 December).
Communication Consultant (m/f/d)
The Communication expert plays an integral role in the development of the communication strategy plan around Majalat’s Brussels Civil Forum (to be held on 02-03 December 2019 in Brussels) and contributes to the communication/press relations/social media work of the project. S/he works in close collaboration with the Project Director, the Project and Communication Assistants, the Partner’s Communication Coordinator and Project Interns, as well as the Project Communication Group (made of communication experts from the 6 partner organisations). S/he feeds the Digital Platform/social networks with relevant information linked to the activities of the project, namely the Brussels Civil Forum. S/he oversees the coherence of the visual identity of the project and will support the partners with drafting reports and/or press releases around the activities of the project.
Essential position functions:
- Develop the communication strategy plan around Majalat’s Brussels Civil Forum;
- Support to the content of the Digital Platform in close collaboration with technical team;
- Actively cultivate and manage media relationships to ensure good coverage of EuroMed Rights’ activities and Project partners’ activities in the framework of the EU-funded project;
- Cover through Press relations/social media the Majalat’s Brussels Civil Forum organised by EuroMed rights.
Profile, Skills and Background:
- A university degree in journalism, communications, political sciences or similar experience;
- Experience in designing and developping programme communication strategies, preferably with the European Union;
- Proven expertise with digital platform(s) and with social media (twitter, Facebook, etc.);
- Previous work experience in the Euro-Mediterranean region and civil society organisations;
- Good understanding of media landscape in the EuroMed region;
- Fluent knowledge (written and oral) in French and English (compulsory). Arabic is a strong asset;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and with different stakeholders;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Keen attention to details;
- Good knowledge of e-platforms;
- Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
How to Apply:
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English or French) by Thursday 26 September 2019, at midnight CET to Yon Janssen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place between 30 September and 4 October 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Fees will be based on experience.
About EuroMed Rights:
EuroMed Rights was founded in January 1997 in response to the Barcelona Declaration of November 1995 and the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP). It is the coordinating body of about 80 human rights organisations and institutions as well as individuals from over 30 countries. EuroMed Rights’ organisational structure is built on a general assembly, an executive committee, working groups and a secretariat.
Rooted in civil society the Network seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships between NGOs in the EuroMed region, i.e. networking aimed at strengthening the capacity of members to act and interact within the context of the region and the Barcelona process and other EU-Arab cooperation frameworks.
EuroMed Rights’ head office is situated in Copenhagen. The organisation also has offices in Brussels and Tunis. For further information, visit our website at www.euromedrights.org.
EuroMed Rights aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
About the project:
EuroMed Rights is the coordinator of a consortium of six organisations that received funds from the European Union to build bridges between citizens and authorities and more specifically a structural dialogue between civil society organisations in the southern part of the Mediterranean and the European Union.
The 6 organisations are:
- EuroMed Rights https://euromedrights.org/fr/;
- SOLIDAR http://www.solidar.org/;
- FMAS- Forum des Alternatives Maroc http://www.forumalternatives.org/fr;
- REF- Réseau Euromed France http://www.euromed-france.org/;
- ATUC- Arab Trade Union Confederation http://arabtradeunion.org/en;
- ANND- Arab NGO Network for Development http://www.annd.org/english/page.php?pageId=1#sthash.Y3NeKKZW.dpbs.
Through its activities, the project seeks to enable CSOs from the Neighbourhood South (10 countries in the MENA region) to actively engage in an inclusive regional dialogue between civil society and EU institutions. Over 3 years, the project will seek to improve CSO knowledge and expertise about current EU policies that impact the region and the life of its citizens, to ensure a well-informed dialogue.
The project is conceived as an inclusive and participatory bottom-up process. Each year, through an annual cycle of activities, civil society organisations will gather to discuss and exchange on 5 themes that are central for the region and to the EU agenda. The results of these discussions will be brought from the ground into structured policy dialogues with the European Union. The objective is to establish an inclusive, safe and multi-stakeholder dialogue of CSOs with the EU. A digital platform will be the interface of the project. Interested CSOs, Authorities, media experts, individuals, etc. will be able to find relevant information about the project activities as well as relevant information on the 5 thematic, news feeds, info about CS & EU activities, EU policy initiatives and financial assistance, e-learning modules, videos and films, streaming of meetings, FB and Twitter accounts, secured chatroom.
The dialogue and activities will focus on four main themes:
- Good Governance:
- Security and countering violence;
- Economic development and social dialogue;
- Climate Justice.
The annual cycle of activities will include national workshops, thematic workshops, a preparatory seminar and will be concluded each year with a Regional Civil Society Forum in Brussels gathering 200 participants including EU decision makers and other related stakeholders such as journalists and academics.
 Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Israel/Palestine.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!