Communications Manager (m/f/d)
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager for a maternity cover of up to 9 months starting in October 2019.
If you are an experienced and passionate individual with a proven record in developing and implementing communication strategies, we’d love to hear from you. Working for Science Europe, you will get the opportunity to work for a unique policy association and become part of a small, friendly, and enthusiastic team.
Communications Manager (m/f/d)
We are an association of major public European Research Funding Organisations (RFO) and Research Performing Organisations (RPO) from 28 countries. We promote the collective interests of our Member Organisations through our advocacy work and we support them in their efforts to foster European research by offering a platform for collaboration. We contribute to the development of robust research policies in Europe and to the European Research Area through engagement with key partners.
Science Europe aisbl is based in Brussels (Belgium). Our offices are ideally located in the so-called EU area and easily accessible by public transport.
As the Communications Manager in charge of managing the Association’s communications work, you play a key role in enhancing the visibility of Science Europe and its mission. You will work as part of a team that is a leading force in supporting collaboration among our Member Organisations and for developing advocacy strategies on key policy issues for scientific research in Europe.
What does it take to succeed in this role? We are looking for a candidate who
- Has a minimum of five to seven years of relevant communications experience;
- Has strong experience with communications, advocacy, and engagement strategies;
- Has demonstrated experience with relevant communications channels, press releases, and corporate communication, as well as event organisation;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with implementation of web tools, including their design, development, and content;
- Masters English at mother-tongue level and has a solid experience in writing, proofreading, and editing in English;
- Is familiar with the EU environment and EU press corps;
- Has the ability to write, broadcast, and adjust relevant policy messages to both specialised and general audiences.
- Knowledge and/or experience of European research policy;
- knowledge of French or Dutch.
- Expert written, oral, and visual communication skills;
- Strong strategic thinking skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong messaging and content promoting skills;
- Demonstrated abilities to analyse and resolve problems;
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to manage own time and to work to deadlines;
- Team-oriented and able to work collaboratively with colleagues;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Able to work independently and without supervision when required.
As a Communications Manager, you will
- drive the implementation and further improvement of the Association’s communications strategy, including communications and outreach plans (and advocacy toolkits) that support and drive our organisational goals;
- support the Office in ensuring the dissemination and visibility of outputs and messages to Member Organisations, policy-makers, and external stakeholders as appropriate;
- manage relationships with and act as the main contact for press and related matters, including drafting and dissemination of press releases, supporting colleagues regarding interactions with the press/media, and monitoring media coverage;
- act as main editor and production co-ordinator for publications produced by the Office, including a monthly newsletter for members;
- undertake significant writing and editing in English as well as helping build the capacity of all Science Europe staff;
- lead on the development of the Association’s digital communications plans and manage multiple projects within this strategy (website, CRM, and collaborative platform);
- have overall responsibly for structure and content management of the website, CRM, and social media channels;
- liaise with external providers as need for all communications needs;
- contribute to the organisation of events for Member Organisations or other stakeholders as necessary; and
- contribute to other activities of the Office, outside of your core portfolio, as necessary and appropriate.
WHAT WE OFFER?
We offer a fixed term contract of up to 9 months starting in early or mid-October 2019 as well as a competitive salary, in the range of €4000 to €4300 gross monthly salary. The salary offered within this range will be dependent on level of experience. We also offer benefits such as chèques repas (meal vouchers), 13th month (additional salary payment in December), hospital and group insurance and extra vacation days.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter (maximum two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above and your availability to start in October 2019. Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview.
The position is open until filled. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected, at which time the recruitment will be closed.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!