Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies seeks Senior Policy Adviser – Passenger
Senior Policy Adviser – Passenger
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) is currently seeking to hire a motivated Senior Passenger Adviser to join its team at the beginning of June 2018.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Passenger Adviser’s main responsibility will be to develop CER positions on a variety of passenger transport-related issues and to promote them as well as represent CER in internal and external meetings and events.
- Monitoring policy developments and develop CER position on several transport policy issues;
- Working Groups management: preparation, running and follow-up of internal working groups and working groups shared with stakeholders (e.g. passengers’ associations);
- Developing lobbying material (e.g. position papers, fact sheets, etc.), writing reports and articles;
- Contributing to the organisation of conferences and workshops;
- Stakeholders management and strengthening the association’s relationship with partners in Brussels;
- Helping to promote the CER positions towards the European Institutions;
- Representing CER in external events and in meetings with partner associations;
- Contributing to the weekly internal newsletter and other communication material.
Required skills and qualifications
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferably in EU public affairs;
- At least 6-8 years of professional experience in EU affairs;
- Full professional proficiency in English with excellent writing skills. Any additional major European language is considered a plus;
- A keen interest in European (rail) passenger transport policy and in rail customer needs;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be a big plus: rail passenger operations, transport in general, ticketing/distribution/digitalisation;
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- A flexible and proactive attitude to work combined with an autonomous working style;
- An entrepreneurial outlook and solution-oriented attitude;
- Ability to thrive under pressure and keep to tight deadlines;
- Fast learner.
We offer a multi-cultural, dynamic and professionally enriching working environment.
Terms and conditions are competitive, depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Qualified candidates should send a maximum one page cover letter and two page CV electronically for the attention of Ms Paule Bollen (email@example.com).
Applications will be treated in confidence.
The closing date for applications is 15 April 2018.
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) brings together more than 70 railway undertakings, their national associations as well as infrastructure managers and vehicle leasing companies.
CER’s role is to represent the interests of its members on the EU policy-making scene, in particular to support an improved business and regulatory environment for European railway operators and railway infrastructure companies.