Cosmetics Europe seeks Senior Manager Communications
Cosmetics Europe, the Brussels based European trade association for the cosmetics and personal care industry, has an immediate opening for a
Senior Manager Communications
- Support the management of all the association’s communication activities;
- Take a key role in the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategy and action plans;
- Be a first line contact point for media/communication enquiries;
- Provide communications counsel to, and support the association’s internal committees, management structures and secretariat.
Required experience and skills
- Strong academic background;
- 8-10 years experience in communications with an international company, association, media or other relevant organisation or as a consultant;
- Significant experience of media (traditional and social) and delivering communications through the deployment of all relevant channels;
- Existing EU media/press corps relations an asset;
- Ability to articulate and effectively communicate scientific and complex issues and communicate in way that helps to build trust and enhance reputation;
- Proven editorial, message honing and story-telling skills and media success;
- Capability to manage multiple complex briefs and engage at a senior level;
- Demonstrable event management experience;
- Good understanding of the EU policy, political, media and broader external environment and issues impacting the cosmetics and personal care sector;
- Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal skills, service mindedness and a responsive, cooperative and pro-active working approach;
- Exceptional written and spoken English: fluency in other European languages an asset;
- Full knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- EU work permit.
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits package;
- A challenging position in an international team;
- A wide portfolio of responsibilities and opportunities within a strong and dynamic industry sector.
Interested in this position?
Please send a short cover letter outlining your motivation for this position and your C.V.
F.A.O. Diane Watson, Director Public Affairs, Cosmetics Europe, Avenue Hermann Debroux 40, Brussels, 1160
Applications must be received by close of business on Monday 12th September 2016.
Only successful candidates fulfilling all the requirements will be short-listed.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Telephone enquiries cannot be answered.