Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries seeks Policy Advisor
CENTR, the association of national internet domain registries is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Policy Advisor (reporting directly to the General Manager) to work with the CENTR team and serve its multicultural and multilingual membership.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Monitor and analyse the EU policy landscape for issues of relevance to ccTLD registry operators;
- Draft policy and issue papers in the fields of data protection, privacy, cyber security, content control, consumer protection, internet governance and other topics of relevance to the internet industry;
- Engage in outreach activities with EU institutions, law enforcement, and industry stakeholders (e.g. EIF, Europol, RIPE NCC, ICANN, IGF);
- Support the Legal and Regulatory Working Group, including support the Chair and Vice-Chair, participate in and report on workshop meetings;
- Organise and implement trainings on the internet ecosystem for policy-makers and the wider public;
- Support the group of Chairs and Vice-Chairs of CENTR’s six Working Groups and facilitate their yearly meeting in Brussels.
If you have the following skills and qualifications, you are the ideal candidate for us:
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Service-focused and diplomatic;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English is a must, French or Dutch is a plus;
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar role, preferably in a membership-based organisation;
- University degree in European Affairs, Policy, Law or Tech;
- Have good knowledge of or genuine interest in the internet world; understanding of the domain name industry is a plus.
What we offer
- A permanent full-time contract, but are open to discuss a part-time contract;
- A competitive salary package including personal bonus, group bonus and insurance;
- You will be based in Brussels with frequent travels in Europe and beyond;
- Flexible working hours.
To apply, please send a 1-page motivation letter and your CV to email@example.com by 15 March 2018. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
A first round of telephone interviews will take place on 19 March 2018. Face-to-face interviews will take place on 28 and 29 March in Brussels.