CPMR seeks a Policy Analyst (m/f)
The Conference of Peripheral and Maritime Regions of Europe (CPMR) is a network of 150 Regional authorities from 28 European States (members or not of the EU). It operates both as a think tank and as a lobby for Regions.
The CPMR is a unique organisation subdivided into six Geographical Commissions – corresponding to the European maritime basins – i.e. Baltic Sea; North Sea; Atlantic Arc; Mediterranean; Balkan and Black Sea; Islands and outermost regions. It covers three main domains: maritime affairs, cohesion and accessibility.
The CPMR Baltic Sea Commission (BSC) brings together 22 Regional authorities around the Baltic Sea (NO, SE, FIN, EST, POL, GER). It is one of the six Geographical Commissions of the CPMR. The BSC has its own secretariat. It works in close relation with the CRPM General Secretary, which has around 28 employees (14 people in Rennes; 11 people in Brussels and 3 people in Barcelona).
The CPMR and the Baltic Sea Commission are looking for a
Policy Analyst (m/f)
for a six month V.I.E contract, with the possibility to be renewed for up to two years.
The successful candidate will support the Executive Secretary of the Baltic Sea Commission and its working groups in relation to their work on maritime affairs, transport and energy.
- To contribute to the activities of the BSC and its working groups
- To contribute to the development of policy positions and technical papers on maritime affairs, transport and energy in synergy with the relevant maritime working groups of the BSC,
- To participate in the management of relevant EU projects in which the BSC is involved. To monitor funding opportunities in the areas mentioned above and inform the members;
- To monitor and produce analysis on key developments with regard to the areas mentioned above, in particular emerging from the European Parliament’s relevant Committees, DG MOVE, DG RTD, and DG MARE;
- To organise meetings, seminars or conferences as requested by the supervising officer To proactively liaise with CPMR BSC Member Regions to seek their views on specific issues in relation to the areas mentioned above;
Tasks and duties:
The above activities will involve the following tasks:
- Preparation of briefing notes and updates (policy monitoring, funding opportunities, etc.)
- Research tasks, including preparing summaries of pieces of legislation; Monitoring the activities of European institutions in relevant fields;
- Organising meetings and events;
- Contributing to the communications activities of the CPMR and its BSC; Drafting EU project proposals;
Participating in the management of EU projects. V. Qualifications and skills required
- A degree in a relevant field (European affairs, International relations, territorial cooperation, project management, etc.);
- At least 6-month experience of EU affairs, preferably working with local and regional government
- Knowledge or previous experience in one or several of the following fields is an asset (maritime affairs; blue economy; fisheries and aquaculture; marine renewable energies);
- Proficiency in English is essential (C1 level at least);
- Knowledge of French or any of the Baltic Sea States languages is an asset;
- Occasional travel within Europe will be required.
Contract: A six-month V.I.E contract, with the possibility to be renewed up to two years.
Deadline for application: 8 November 2016 at 12.00 (am)
Interviews planned: During the week of 14 November 2016, in Brussels.
Starting date: 1 February 2017
Please send your CV (2 pages max.) and a brief cover letter in English (1 page max.) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: “Application Policy Analyst (Baltic Sea Commission)”.