DEKRA offers Internship (m/f)
DEKRA is one of the world’s leading providers of testing, inspection and certification services. With more than 37,000 highly qualified employees in over 50 countries, DEKRA provides vehicle testing, appraisals, industrial inspection, certification and testing services as well as personnel services to ensure safety, quality and environmental protection.
DEKRA seeks an
- Lobbying is not only a topic to be studied at university. We offer creative students the chance to get to know the world of EU lobbying “on the job”. The work of the DEKRA Representation to the European Union in Brussels takes place in an exciting European environment. The main focus is to promote the interests of DEKRA towards the European Institutions.
- This implies working with a very broad set of communication strategies. The intern is entrusted with a range of responsible tasks, which includes the support of the team with administrative duties as well. The length of the internship should be between 3 and 6 months.
- Start: to be discussed, preferably December 2016 or January 2017.
Requirements for the applicants:
- Very good spoken and written German and English, French is a strong asset;
- On-going studies with a focus on political/European studies;
- Knowledge of European politics and the European decision-making processes, but (more important) willingness to learn more about it;
- Interest in complex political connections;
- Distinct communicative and diplomatic skills.
- This offer is for students and the internship will be done in the framework of the curriculum. An agreement shall be signed between DEKRA, the Student and the sending university;
- The working contract shall be made under Belgian law;
- This is a paid internship.
How to apply?
Via Email addressed to
Mr. Oliver Deiters, Managing Director of the EU Representation
Application must contain:
- A cover letter written in German specifying why you would like to join DEKRA in particular and the desired period for the internship;
- A CV in German or English;
- A very short summary (max 100-150 words) of the Better Regulation Package of the European Commission, in English.