Detailhandel Nederland seeks Junior Policy Adviser
Junior Policy Adviser
The Dutch Retail Association – Detailhandel Nederland – is the umbrella organisation for all retail trade in the Netherlands. Its purpose is to further the interests of the sector in The Hague and Brussels. The retail industry employs in the Netherlands 750,000 people in 110,000 stores. The total annual turnover is € 95 billion. The Dutch Retail Association participates actively in EuroCommerce, the European retail association. Detailhandel Nederland is the mouthpiece for retailers in the Netherlands. Talks with the government and other consultative structures ensure that the retail sector’s voice is heard.
The junior adviser will work in close cooperation with the senior policy adviser.
- advising the steering group Europe of the Dutch Retail Association on important developments for the retail sector at the European level
- furthering the interests of the Dutch retail industry in Brussels in relation to the European institutions
- updating the members of the Dutch Retail Association on relevant developments via timely and concise reporting participating in working groups of EuroCommerce, the European Retail Confederation of which the Dutch Retail Association is an active member
- working on specific projects including research.
- preparing meetings, drafting minutes and other operational duties as required
Key skills required
- University level degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of European institutions and their work procedures
- Some experience in Brussels, for example as assistant of a Member of the European Parliament, a representative of a company or association or as staff member of a consultancy
- Good organizational skills
- Able and willing to work in close cooperation with the secretariat of the Dutch Retail Association in the Netherlands and the members of the association
- Good command (oral and written) of English and Dutch. Other languages (especially French and German) would be considered a plus
- Knowledge of European consumer policy, -(digital) internal market, -environmental/ sustainability policy and food policy would also be an asset
We offer a contract according to (Belgian) labor law for 4 days a week.
Please accompany applications by a cover letter and a CV. These are to be sent to:
Sander van Golberdinge, director
+31 (0)70 – 320 23 45
Deadline for application is Friday 20 November 2017.
All applicants will be contacted, but only those who are shortlisted will be invited for an interview.